“Great location! Wonderful condo! Something for...”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Suntide III 710

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Side view of gulf and bay including Queen Isabella Causeway.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Joyintexa...
San Antonio, Texas
“Beautiful View.....however”
Reviewed August 23, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Positives: Staff was very friendly! View was stunning from living room and Master bedroom!
NEGATIVES: when we went to our unit (710) there was a Mexican man (employee) trying to get into our unit. His card wasn't working. When I asked him did he need something or why was he trying to get into the unit he never gave me an answer. I think his name was Rudy.Our first night we were without water from 4p.m. till midnight. Coming in from beach, sandy even though we did wash off with their outdoor shower. Not the same as water is cold and no soap/shampoo. Couldn't wash dishes or clothes.In the guest bedroom the beds are twin size. I was embarrassed that my brother and his wife had to sleep on those. I laid on one mattress was sooo uncomfortable and if you turn in your sleep you would fall off.No view.

We had to wait on maintenance the second day because toilet wouldn't flush. He was unfriendly, spoke no English or rather he didn't care to. Most of the outlets didn't work so we had a difficult time charging our devices. Someone is not keeping up with the care here.
T.V.'s were VERY small 28-30"? VCR did not work which was a disappointment because my son passed away and I took VHS tapes of him when he was little to show my grandsons.

The bathroom while it had double sinks, was spacious with a huge closet but shower had a wide P.C. Block wall (from the 70's-80's era. I knew this as I saw it in the picture but didn't realize the I practicability of it. You have to be very slim to squeeze into the shower due to small space and when you step out the toilet is right there at your feet.(see photo) posted on their website.

I would stay there again in that unit only if the rate was reduced. But for almost $500 a night, no I can do better. There are other units at SunTide I would prefer. Parking is first come, first serve. If you are renting a unit there should be a space assigned to that unit, at least one.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
wchopin
Houston, Texas
“Great location! Wonderful condo! Something for everyone!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We were there July 29-August 3 this year. Suntide III was great! Two pools and hot tubs. There is a free bus in South Padre that will take you around the island to the turtle rescue facility and most restaurants. It will also take you to see the historical lighthouse in Point Isabel. We had three teens and one 8 year old. The teens hopped the bus and went to lunch one day while we stayed at the beach. The beach is literally a short walk down the boardwalk. Unit 710 was great. It has a washer/dryer so no need to change out towels, just bring detergent. It was clean and spacious. There was even a blender for cold beach drinks! Bring your own beach towels and chairs and toys. One thing to know is that because it is a corner unit, the elevator is right outside of one of the bedrooms. There was not much late night traffic, but some early morning. The elevator beeps every time it opens. If you are a light sleeper, better not stay in that room. We do plan to go back to Suntide III next summer! There is no reserved covered parking for this unit and the shaded parking is very limited. We had to park outside of the gate. That is the only thing that we noticed did not follow the offerings of the condo.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location! Easy access to beach and great pool!
Liked least: Limited covered parking. Seemed a bit pricey for the week.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing