Went to SPI for a long weekend getaway July 26-29, 2013 with my sisters (20 somethings) and we stayed in a 1 bedroom 1st floor level condo. The Tiki served it's purpose and was suitable for a quick trip but I will probably not stay there again. If I ever go back to SPI, I would just book another condo or hotel at least 1 month in advance to get a good price.
-Priced appropriately for booking 1.5 weeks prior to arrival. $140/nt friday-sunday
-Close (1-1.5 blocks) from beach access
-Clayton's beach bar and grill is next door (easy access for food and drinks)
-Clean and well kept unit/amenties (kitched/bathroom) but mildly dated, king size bed was very comfortable
- 2 pools that were warmer than the gulf, but a little crowded most of time
- The kitchen was great for quick meals.
- water pressure in the shower was very WEAK near the equivalent of standing in a hard rain shower and was difficult to wash hair (we all have long hair) & the water was either just below/above lukewarm, I wouldn't have been able to deal with it for more than 3 nights
- While having dinner in the condo with my family on Saturday night (laughing & have merry ole time); the security knocked really loudly and abruptly to inform us of a noise complaint. I didn't mind being notified of the noise complaint but the "security" guard was very RUDE regarding showing his credentials and identifying himself as the true security guard stating that if we didn't open the door he would call the police and have us evicted. He wore a black shirt with the word "security" written on it, that is sold in any costume store, and jeans and we were 4 women in a condo alone in a new place- EXCUSE US for wanting to validate his credentials prior to opening the door! Anyway, he validated it to us (and we had the police operator on the phone just to be sure for our safety) but he was still quite aggrevated, rude & contrite while informing us that the building "is cement and sound travels" and they have "residents who live here." Of course we kept quieter after that but he could have been more courteous dealing with paying renters and women alone in a condo.
- The sofa bed mattress was horribly UNCOMFORTABLE- could feel every spring and bar, you'll feel better with a queen size blow up mattress on the floor or on top of the sofabed mattress
- Management made us wear wristbands so beware if you have extra guests who want to come by; I think they have to check-in as visitors during the day in the office
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1, 2 or 3 Bedroom condominiums. Property located on the beach and under new management! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Tiki Vacation Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tiki Vacation Condominiums Hotel South Padre Island