“Glorious”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Bridgepoint Condominimum Resort
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Glorious”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've been going to Bridgepoint for 10 years. We've stayed in about 4 different units in those 10 years. I am familiar with the 2 and 3 bedroom units. The 2 bedroom unit allows you to see both the Gulf and the Ocean. The evening view is really cool since you can see basically the entire island filled with lights. The higher the floor the better the view. The higher the floor the windier on the balcony too. Newer buildings have gone up around Bridgepoint so up until about floor 8 you may only have partial view but it's still acceptable as far as I'm concerned. The units for rent are all individually owned so some are nicer than others but most try to keep their unit updated and in good shape. I would imagine if you asked the reservation folks specific questions regarding the unit you will be staying in they'd be honest. The staff is willing to help at a moments notice and they're so friendly. The same staff have worked there since I started visiting 10 years ago. Location is perfect. Beach is perfect. Pool and Jacuzzi is perfect! Rates are fantastic in January and February. They won't rent to spring breakers and I heard the few weeks in March during spring break is NOT a time you want to be there if you aren't a spring breaker. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank padrefosho

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Bridgepoint is overall a well maintained and well managed facility. The units are individually owned, furnished, decorated and maintained and Bridgepoint manages the rental properties. The 28 floor building has about 90 units, of which about 30 seem to be in the rental program.
Unit #1200 is a very clean, tidy comfortable 2 BR unit. It is minimally furnished, equipped and decorated, and would seem to be one of those units that is a full time rental. There are really no personal touches in the unit. A look at the appraisal district records indicates the owner lives in Dallas. I think this is just an investment.
Unit #1200 is NOT an ocean front unit, but it does have ocean views. The apartment is on the west (bay) side of the building and stretches from side to side of the building and a little beyond for the purpose of providing balconies with views. Please see the photos.
Here are a few shortcomings. I mentioned sparse furnishings, as in no chairs in the bedrooms. The living room has but one lamp. The balconies have the cheapest plastic chairs available, no lounger and no table. And my final complaint is the presence of terrible cookware - scratched non-stick pans which should be discarded. I am sure that is the "responsibility of the owner" (have you heard that before?).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Megalopolis
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We rented the penthouse condo at the Bridgepoint for the end of our spring break (which included Easter Sunday).

It was lovely, the staff were very helpful and accomodating and we had a wonderful weekend. We wanted a kid/teen friendly place, and Bridgepoint was, but there were, in fact, very few other kids/teens.

There were some spring breakers still around enjoying the beach (three properties down is the Radisson, a spring break haven), but it wasn't as "wild" as we had anticipated. Our eleven and fifteen year old daughters were invited to a couple of keggers though...

The property is directly across from the causeway to Port Isabel and makes grocery runs a breeze while also giving you more restaurant options.

I would highly recommend this property for families who like a quieter, laid back beach vacation. My teenagers LOVED the penthouse!

• Liked — Beautiful condo, lovely grounds, great beach access, close to causway.
  • Disliked — Almost too quiet.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank jtmathis
Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2007

The Bridgepoint condo compound is actually very good - great beach access, friendly staff. All bookings of condos are through Bridgepoint itself - except one: Bridgepoint 1100. For some reason, this is the only condo that is booked by an outside agency - Latitude26. At the Bridgepoint website all rooms were unavailable for the week we wanted to stay, but after surfing the web a bit I came across Latitude26 who booked room 1100. Not knowing at the time this was an anamoly, I booked the room, but certainly did notice the rate was $100 less a night. That should have been a warning. I think that the condo is probably OK, but the maintenance is so poor that the entire stay became a disappointment. Latitude26 took my calls regarding maintenance needs, but ignored me. Never showed up. Mirrored door broken, curtain rods broken, broken lamp laying across the bed, drain in shower stopped up, AC not running when we arrived, carpet dirty and stained, bedspread stained, paint peeling off the walls and shelves. The Bridgepoint staff didn't even know we were coming. Thankfully they were kind enough to get the AC going. Obviously the condo is in terrible neglect and not inspected by the owners or the booking agency. In skimming the real estate brochures we saw where it is for sale. No doubt they've priced it lower than the others there to milk it while they can without upkeep investment until it sells. Again, this is not a criticism of the Bridgepoint Condo organization - I just can't figure out how this one condo has been allowed to tarnish the reputation of a very nice area. Conclusion: I think you'll really enjoy Bridgepoint but pay the extra money and deal directly with them and stay clear of 1100.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — maintenance
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank bbriell
denver, colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2006

We stayed the first week in October of 2006 at this resort. The good: security
was excellent - there were multiple entry points requiring codes at night. The
facilities were very clean and quiet. The staff was very responsive, i.e. you
can call and request that beach chairs and umbrellas be set up for you on the
beach (free of charge) and they will immediately go out and set them up. The
unit we stayed in was beautifully decorated and we had fully appointed
kitchen/bathrooms, i.e. plenty of towels/soap/toiletries/hair dryer/all kitchen
utensils. We had a big screen TV with surround sound and smaller TVs in the
bedrooms, a wet bar for entertaining, a patio with patio furniture, leather
furniture, etc. Much nicer than your average hotel. They seem to really cater
to travelers wanting a certain level of luxury and convenience - the garage has
easy access to the rooms, the rooms have easy access to the pool/hot tub/beach,
etc. The beaches and grounds of the complex are very clean. There are carts in
the garage to bring up groceries or luggage. You can get daily maid service for
an additional fee. The bad: not much bad here, except there is extensive
remodeling going on right now so check before you go. We got a two-bedroom unit
for the price of a one-bedroom because we were told up front there may be "some
construction noise" while we were there, and they were out of one-bedroom units
for part of our stay. However they did not tell us up front that the pool was
out of commission (no water - it appeared to have refinishing going on) and that
the air conditioning would not be working for two days of our stay. No air
conditioning in South Padre in the afternoons, especially when our unit was
south-facing and all glass on the southern wall, is just unacceptable in my
opinion for the price you pay to stay here. The staff acted like it was no big
deal, we just got a note under our door the first day that our air conditioning
would not work the next day and then the next night we got another note saying
that the "repairs were taking longer than expected" and that the air
conditiioning would be out an extra day. I definitely would have reconsidered
staying here if I would have known about the air conditioning problems and the
pool not being open. So, don't let this scare you away from staying here, but
definitely ask specifically up front if the construction is still going on and
what exactly that entails. I was really impressed with the facilities, but not
so much with the level of customer service/comfort for the price.

• Liked — Very clean, luxuriously decorated
  • Disliked — faulty air conditioning, pool construction during our stay
  • Tips/Secrets — call ahead to investigate whether construction is going on
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
9 Thank karitag
Peoria, IL
Reviewed January 11, 2005

I enjoyed my stay at the Bridgepoint Resort very much. The staff was efficent and most pleasant. The beach was great. I have stayed at other places in SPI but this was by far the best. They do not rent to spring breakers so I found the place much quieter. The grounds are kept in perfect order. The security was great . They have multiple units on the same floor which are great for family reunions. I am trying to encourage my family to all meet there for a reunion. The staff was also very helpful with recommendations on things to do and places to shop or eat.

7 Thank annepeoriail