“Good seafood”

Dirty Al's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: About Us Dirty Al’s has been in operation since 1986 and has always provided the freshest seafood to thousands of visitors from all over the world. As a family owned and operated business, we have always taken great pride in taking care of each customer and providing them with a unique experience that they can only get from eating at Dirty Al’s. Dirty Al promises every customer that they will only be served the absolute freshest seafood caught in the wild off the Gulf of Mexico. A Father and his Sons Make a Great Team! Alfonso Salazar, better known as “Dirty Al” originally started shrimping as a young man with his father and 6 brothers. In 2003, he and his youngest son, Cameron, who graduated from Culinary School, transformed his bait stand into a restaurant where together they have been known for having “The World’s Best Fried Shrimp”! In 2005, his other two sons returned home to help grow the business. To this day, they now own 6 restaurants on beautiful South Padre Island and continue to bring only the “best” Gulf Seafood to each customer’s table.
Dallas, Texas
“Good seafood”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The 5 pick of appetizers is a good deal. All the food wS good. The jumbo shrimp grilled and fried was very good.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great whole in the wall”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

One thing I noticed about this place was all the local folks that ate there. It was recommended by one of the kids who worked for Break Away Cruises. I loved the atmosphere and the food was great and reasonably priced. I would say that this should be a must while you're there.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jennifer G
San Antonio, Texas
“Try if you like Fried”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommend by the front desk clerk as the best place to get fish. We were a bit disappointed. I liked the location on the docks and the "dive" feel. Don't go expecting anything fancy. We didn't have much of a wait but by the time we left there were people waiting outside for a table. We had the fried fish and the blackened fish. The salad is just some iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato, but our waitress let us know before hand what to expect. The fried fish was very good, though I thought the tater sauce was a bit bland. The blackened fish was good but very spicy. We also had fried mushrooms- not a good choice - the small ones were over done and the larger ones were still cold on the inside. I would not order those again. I would return but I would try some other restaurants first. Get the Mexican Coke - it's the real thing!

1 Thank Lisa G
Comanche
“Yummmmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food was very good!!! The fried shrimp, oysters and fish were all fresh. My husband and I couldn't stop eating them. You could see a woman peeling fresh shrimp to be fried. Reasonably priced. We would definitely return!!!! Great seafood, great waiter!!!!!! Nothing fancy but the foot is worth it!

1 Thank Cindy N
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save Yourself!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I do not know how this place gets good reviews! I consider myself a foodie and have eaten fresh seafood many times and this didn't qualify as good fresh seafood. I'd put it in the lousy category. Fish was soggy and chewy even though we requested it to be fried extra crisp. Oysters were not whole, they had been cut into smaller pieces. Service was poor. We saw our waiter when he took our order and when he brought our food. Never saw him again until we asked for the bill. Then he asked if we wanted refills. A little late! I have found the locals must like this place for nostalgia and beer, because it surely can't be the food.