This is a great Spa and Resort... Everyone there was extremely nice! Great pool and beach access. The place is new and has no effects from Hurricane Dolly.
Did not use the Spa but wished I had. The pool was not overly crowded or loud. I stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite with pull out sofa.
Next time I would definately stay in a 2 bedroom for you have a washer and dryer in the room as well, plus it is much bigger than the king suite. Be sure to get a 2 bedroom that has the ocean view and wraps around to the pool view as well.
In addition you have gated parking which is nice as well. Location is extactly where you want to be on the island!! Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula