We purchased this timeshare (June 2006) with expectations of a 5 star continuing experience. Some of the poor to terrible reviews in recent years will, momentarily, be a thing of the past. A new manager with reservations, the web, advertising & sales experience is what was needed. His information systems knowledge along with his on sight availability makes this resort a must for any visitor to the island in the immediate future. Our stay Feb.1st thru the 22nd, 2014 was enough to insure we have already made reservations to stay in our 2 bedroom unit during the same time frame in 2015. The pool at the Peninsula is the best on the island and without further adieu, we would rate this resort, likewise, as among the best on South Padre Island.
We are extremely grateful that Gustavo Diaz is aboard as general manager, so we look forward to forthcoming visits. As multiple time share owners, our above stated opinion is based on many, many, experiences. Craig & Charlotte McManus Davenport, Iowa IMPORTANT NOTE! IN INITIAL TYPING, I USED THE WRONG LAST NAME FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER. THE CORRECT LAST NAME IS DIAZ
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula