This hotel had no amenities, no spa, a bar only open til 2 pm. Their is no official check in area. u have to drive up the walk way to drop off ur luggage and then drive back down to park and then walk 5 min back to the hotel. It was faster to walk up the 10 flights of stairs to our room then take the elevator to the 5th floor only to struggle opening our door because it was so heavy and broken. The tv was fuzzy and the sink leaked. Their was black mold in the shower. The hid-a-bed was not suitable for sleeping. There were 2 sheets of rules including a $30 charge if u didnt return ur hotel towel by the end of the day. When we brought this to the hotels attention they didn't seem to care. The hotel in whole must have run out of money ten years ago. Their plan was to build a third building on the west side which would have eliminated the now present wind tunnel over the pool. The pool is beautiful, but missing tiles and was freezing cold due to the south building blocking the heat from the sun all day. Although one out of the two hot pools worked, this pool was always in the shade. Not a good thing when on a tropical island trying to catch some rays. The board was to the beach is great, but once u were to the beach the hotels stack of crusty beach chairs were locked up. Finally the last night ($250 rate) we let the manager know we we not very happy and asked if we could have a different room. Again, they seemed to care less about our business and did nothing to make us feel more comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula