My family stayed at this hotel after booking a "deal" for 2 nights for $200. It included $100 to spend at either the spa or the restaurant. I wouldn't have paid more for it... the pictures on the website are a little misleading. It's not really a "Resort" per se. When we checked out they said there was a $40 fee (that wasn't included) for taxes. The clerk couldn't provide a print-out or receipt for the extra $40, which was strange, so it turned out to be $120 per night.
Having said that, the location is wonderful! The layout of the room was great too... plenty of room for all of our beach gear, our cooler, our bags, etc. Plus, they have a kitchen that is stocked with plates, pans, etc. We brought most of our own food and cooked it there. They have the small hotel fridge, but it still held all of our cold items. I thought it was funny that they provided paper towels, kitchen soap & sponge, but not coffee filters... how are you supposed to know what type of coffeemaker they have in the room??
Since it is right on the beach, the salty air has affected some of the outdoor areas... rust spots, etc. That kind of thing doesn't bother me at all, but some people are really turned off by that.
The room was a little bit worn out as well... the bathroom sink leaked, there were a few stains here and there, but overall it was clean and comfortable. A HUGE perk is the outdoor showers in the pool area. They are equipped with warm water. It was wonderful to come back up from the beach (covered in sand) and step into the warm water shower.
I would stay here again if I could get the $100 rate, (which was really $120) but not if I had to pay more. The location, the outdoor showers, and the kitchen make this hotel a good buy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel.In July 2016, we added 27 deluxe rooms, each room has high speed internet, two full size beds, sofabed, 42" TV with cable, and a minibar fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula