“A sin to go to SP Island and not visit this place”
Review of The Chef House Restaurant - MOVED

The Chef House Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
“A sin to go to SP Island and not visit this place”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I learned about this place about a year ago this is by far the best restaurant in the Island it is located ant the beginning of the Gulf Blvd next to the South Padre Island Hotel you can see the sign on the closed left of the closed street that takes you to the beach , the menu has being increased the place is big very nice with a beautiful view, the dishes are great when went for lunch and breakfast careful portions are big mi wife had a chicken dish with curry and mango and I had a chicken vindaloo both were superb attention form Sandra was the best.
One very important thing to know some one opened a restaurant on the same place this was before they copied everything but they could not copy the taste what we call in Mexico the sazon , visit them you will not regret it I will ad some photos as soon as I can so you will see something out of this world

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alfonso V

Port Isabel, Texas
“Delicious food and Beautiful view!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I first visited The Chefs House Restaurant when it was in Port Isabel and quickly fell in love with the food! Now the restaurant is on the Island, and not only is the food still as delicious as ever, but the view is breathtaking! Its definitely my favorite restaurant on the Island and it should be a must for tourists to try out!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank AndiiG3
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Great breakfast, wondeful view”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First time we visited this restaurant but won't be the last. Try the pancakes, they're close to crepes, Higher end looking restaurant with reasonable prices and a great view.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank clp45
Topeka, Kansas
“Find this restaurant at the south end of Gulf Boulevard South Padre Island”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

While biking on Gulf Boulevard, we saw this "new" to us restaurant on South Padre Island, so decided to stop here for lunch. I learned while speaking to the waitress that this restaurant used to be located in Port Isabel and only recently moved to SPI.

The restaurant is located near the beach with a beautiful view of the coast, in the location formerly housing Joseph's which is no longer in the area. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, explaining the items offered on the menu. Several of the staff stopped by our table to make sure we were happy with the food. They were interested in where we were from and how long we were staying in the area. We were given suggestions on what to see and do during our stay on the island.

We ordered Huevos Machacha and were pleased with our selection. The tortillas are fresh made as are the red and green sauces and pico de gallo. I found the red sauce a little bland. The green sauce and pico de gallo were very tasty. Will definitely return to this restaurant and happy to have found it on the island.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank KSMeadowlark
Sachse, Texas
“Awesome food and view!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited The Chef House in 2012 when it was in Port Isabel. When planning our trip for this visit all I kept telling him was that I couldn't wait to eat here. The food is amazing and the chef prepares each dish as if you were the only one in the restaurant. Every table in the restaurant has a view of the ocean. We ate here every day. They are now open for dinner Thursday-Saturday. I wish they were open every day for dinner. The breakfast and lunch menus have more mexican food items where the dinner menu is pasta, steak, lamb, and chicken dishes. As a couple we spent rougly $35 for appetizer, 2 meals, and dessert. Dinner prices are higher, but the quality of food and service we received was well worth it.
I have never wanted to meet a chef at a restaurant before but we wanted to personally thank chef Silvano and his wife Esmerelda.
Over our stay we ate the following dishes: (all are superb)
Beef enchiladas - my favorite
Chicken curry
Tuna tirada (spelling?)
Chocolate cake
Fried banana roll.
Can't wait to go back and eat here!

3 Thank KristenMCazares