“Saida Towers room 3305”

Saida I
San Antonio, Texas
“Saida Towers room 3305”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights,I will never stay here again.Room was AWFUL!!!smelled really bad,Found a BED BUG on the mattress cover when I was removing the bedding to go wash it on the first day there,the stench from the comforter and sheets were unbearable!!I called the service 24 desk to report this and as well as the cleanliness of the room,and no one ever apologized they just aked me if I wanted to bring the sheets to them to have them washed.also I had 3 severely molded and stained pillows and mattresses.Towel rack was broken and carpet filthy everything was awful.To top it off when I booked the room I was told that "it is a very nice room recently redone".!!I dont know who told Service 24 that but IT WAS NOT TRUE.Don't waste your money or time staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim B

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have previously reviewed SAIDA 4-301. We liked the location but wanted to see if there were other rooms available that would be better suited for children (ages 6, 3, and 6 months). SAIDA 4-304 is a better room overall than 4-301. This room had a washer\dryer in the unit, which was much more convinient then walking to the onsite washing machines. It also seemed to be in better repair then room 4-301.

The main reason for chosing any of the SAIDA rooms is still the great location. For the memorial day weekend, there was not alot of noise, the beaches were not too crowded, and our family was able to enjoy a relaxing weekend in South Padre.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This review is for Saida Tower 4, Room 301. This room is a privately owned condo that the owner maintains and rents through Homeaway. Our family (husband, wife, 2 kids ages 2 and 5) rented this over the memorial day weekend. While we had some small issues with the room itself, the location makes this worth recommending.

The first thing to note about Saida 4 (and I believe all the other Saida towers would be the same) is that the location is excellent. Saida Towers are located right as you cross over from the mainland. The Saida facilities include several tennis courts and private pools. There is a private walkway right to the beach. The beach is cleaned daily in the morning, and was not overly crowded. Our goal is generally to spend as much time on the beach as possible, and Saida was able to deliver.

Saida is also within walking distance of several good restaurantes. I would highly recommend Gabriella's Grill and Cap'n Roy's. Both were good and had the relaxed atmosphere that I like from beach towns.

The room itself is OK. They are not well suited for small children (chairs with weels, glass tables) but this is something we have encountered before and I do not hold this as a downside. Both bedrooms (master and guest with 2 twin beds) have carpet. I usually don't trust carpet at a beach rental. There were also some minor items that should be repaired, such as a dresser with a corner missing and the guest bathroom towel rack was broken.

The kitchen was adequete, but some of the pans were difficult to cook with (I couldn't make pancakes as an example) but we ate the majority of our meals in the room and were able to easily get by any shortcomings.

Overall, a great location makes this worth visiting. If your plan is to spend as much time at the beach or at the pool as possible, this place can deliver. If you plan to spend large amounts of time in the room, there are probably cheaper and better alternatives

Room Tip: Try to get a room that looks out onto the beach. Saida 4-301 does, and it was nice to be able to wat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank goterps10
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievably disappointed. Filthy filthy filthy. Shower was so gross i wont step in it. Whole place stinks and not like beach stink like sewer stink. Spent $30on air ffresheners and candles and it still smells. Actually looked at another place but moving seemed daunting and would have cost $800 more. Please save yourself and money and never come here.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank punkinbarbie

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

The only positive is that the room was available for entry on time. The bathroom was not the cleanest by far. We received confirmation the condo slept 8 and only found out it slept 6 when we prepared for bed. I'm not sure why the customer service office is open 24 hours when they cant accomodate anyone in the PM. The response is "I understand" but there is nothing that can be done. The supposed sleeper sofa is clearly marked "not a sleeper" but the condo was rented as if it were in working condition. The desk person stated I wouldn't be charged if I went in the middle of the night to pick up a fold out bed, but I have a car. I'm not supposed to be charged again for something I already paid for! I continued to find questionable fragments on the mattress. I can only hope it was not bed bugs or something worse. This has to be one of the worst vacation experiences I've ever had. Please avoid these condos!

Room Tip: Reserve a completely different hotel or rental.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank g A
Alexandria, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Terrible service. Dirty. Originally rented with Latitude 26, who rennovated the condo we were supposed to be in and it was not ready by the time of our vacation. We were sent to Island Services where we were put in condo 4705 at Saida Towers IV. Smelled horrible, dirt, grime, food, filth everywhere including crevices of kitchen table. Dirt/cob webs hanging on the chandelier over kitchen table. Food pantry was so dirty we couldn't put our food in there. Mold on dresser and in bathroom. Dirty and falling apart furniture. Globs of hair on the couch. Tubs were yellow from iron rich water. They sent a cleaning crew of 3 to clean. We had to wait outside for 3 hours for cleaning and chemical smells to dissapear. While sitting outside, other tennants let their dog pee on the 7th floor walkway and on the building rather than taking the dog to the grass. After cleaning crew left, it was still gross so we got our own cleaning supplies to clean some more. Because it was so late when all was said and done, we stayed the night. In the morning there were ants all over the kitchen counter and a cockroach on the counter. We could not stay another minute. We checked out the next morning. Despite the gross conditions and having to be out of the condo for that long, they still charged us $164.09 for the night. We tried several times to contact the mgr to no avail...he was either not in or not available. He did not bother to call us back either. Horrible experience

Room Tip: Isla Grand is great and CLEAN.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Shannon S
Madeira Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

KItchen cabinets and bathroom vanities in poor shape. Floors dirty and gritty. Both master bath and second bath shower handles mildewed and badly corroded. Both shower doors need replacement. Master bedroom TV is very poor and had no remote that worked. Web site said DVD player, but there was only an old VCR with no cable to hook up to -with out removing cable from wall. Air conditioner located in closet in master bedroom- made as much noise as a typical motel room unit. Location and complex ammenities great. Just need a condo that has been completely updated.

Room Tip: Look very carfully at photos. Look for recently evidence of remodeled units.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family