South Padre Island KOA
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$44
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$85
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$98
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$90
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
$47
$42
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$74
$65
Agoda.com
$84
HIExpress.com
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$76
Groupon.com
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$229
$188
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspier restauranttravel trailerrv parkdeluxe cabingreat campgroundwater aerobicssunset deckfull hookupscommons areadog walkentry roadoffice staff areexcellent parkdeep sea fishingclean restroomsfriendly folkshigh traffic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We've stayed at the KOA South Padre Island several times in our RV, but we decided to rent a cabin/lodge when we went during Christmas break 2010. Although I wasn't really expecting much in a cabin, these turned out to be fantastic. Our cabin was facing the bay with an excellent patio. We sat outside one evening and watched the sun set from our own patio. The KOA property has an excellent location. They are within walking distance to the Pier 19 Restaurant, which is also an excellent place to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. One of our favorites on the island. The KOA has a heated pool and a wonderful heated hot tub that is large enough for 10 people. We sat out under the stars while the spa jets bubbled on our bodies. My son used the pool and said it was very clean and comfortable for December.

South Padre Island is hands down the best part of the Texas coast. We've been to Galveston, Rock Port and Port Aransas and South Padre is much better. The island is laid out very well with lots to do for families. We really enjoyed walking the beach in the evenings. Oh, and the city does a fireworks display every Friday night during the summer. We were there for New Years Eve and they did a fantastic fireworks show..

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank WHCIV
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this award-winning KOA campground on beautiful South Padre Island. Phil Andrews gave us a tour of the grounds and you can see when you get there why they are an award-winning site. There is nothing like taking a luxuriously relaxing swim in their super-clean pool bordered by amazing tropical plants like the hibiscus and the bird-of-paradise. Modern, beautifully-appointed condos are available with spectacular views of the bay. We stayed in a spacious cabin, though, with gorgeous wood and nice decor throughout and enjoyed lazy mornings as we sat out on the deck sipping hot coffee and watching the fisherman on the boats and the pelicans swimming around in the morning sun. We ate often at the Pier 19, one of the best restaurants on the island which was within walking distance from our cozy cabin. Dirty Al's and the Sea Ranch were conveniently super-close, too. When it came time for fun we headed on over to the Commons Area and had a blast playing games like Scrabble and Battleship with other campers there. We watched the big screen TV while sharing travel stories from across the U.S. I read the bulletin board and was pleasantly surprised at all the activities they offer. From Smores night and tie-dye shirt making to low-impact aerobics in the pool or in the awesome gym they have there. I met the managers, Stacie and Tom, whose smiles emanate genuine love for this place. They love their fantastic life on this gorgeous tropical island and it shows! They (the KOA staff) are absolutely the finest and nicest people we have met on this island and they made our trip there the best it could be.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank islandprincess15
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I live 70 miles from SPI KOA so my family is a regular there. When I make a reservation I know everything is going to be ready for me when I get there. The best feeling is rolling in on a holiday weekend and the place is buzzing with excitement and the aroma of food on the grill fills the air. It just picks me right up and gets me in vacation mode immediately. The grounds and facilities are kept clean and safe so I can worry about more important things like the beach, pool, sunsets, wine selection, relaxing, and eat out or grill out?!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank digitalq
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Super nice staff! My 4 yr. old loved the playground area which was really nice. This is the inland side of the island but you can walk across the street to find the beautiful beaches, Schlitterbahn also within walking distance. The park was very clean! I can not wait to go back in 2011.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sncharris
Reviewed August 4, 2009

After an exhaustive search online, I came upon the KOA Kampground website and was surprised to see that the site offers condos and lodges! The prices for the condos were the lowest I found but the accommodations were way better (than that same price point). The condos are in the old water tanks which gives it a cool feel! The condos are elevated so you get a nice view of the site, pool, etc. It doesn't feel closed in. The condos themselves were very nicely equipped (we got the kitchenette because we didn't plan on cooking meals during our stay) but were happy that they came with coffee maker, toaster, micro, foreman grill, refrigerator, etc.

The room was really clean and was comfortable. The futon was a little worn looking but not too bad. The kids didn't complain at all.

Pool & playground & activities were nice. Common area was nice too (pool table), the gym really wasn't great though. Many of the cardio machines didn't turn on and the treadmill I used was ok but nothing special.

People were really nice there, with the exception of that *one* cranky old man who yells at people and is awfully rude. He obviously doesn't enjoy the lifestyle he has but we tried not to get in his way. Other than that, it was a great experience and I'd recommend the KOA cabins to anyone.

The lodges looked REALLY NICE!! They are more per night and can accommodate more people. It's not super convenient to the beach from the KOA kampground so we had to drive the short distance (kids & toys in tow) to get to the gulf side.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family