Spent a long weekend here in July with my husband and our boys. Room has a great view of the water facing north if your room is on the parking lot side. It was clean, quiet, had a refrigerator and microwave, cable tv, wireless access, and bathroom has marble interior and clean. Across the street is Sea Turtle Inc, a donation only facility that rescues sea turtles. The beach is about a block away from the hotel, easy walk even with a toddler and carrying towels and beach gears. There is also an aquarium in the lobby my sons loved watching while waiting for us during check-in. The hotel has a pool in the back if you don't want to go to the beach but the beach water is nice and warm. It could get pretty crowded there but we didn't hear the noises since we are on a higher floor level. Breakfast is American with waffles, fruits, oatmeals, baked rolls, muffins, cereal, coffee, etc. It comes with the hotel stay so it's really convenient. The hotel is also a little off the main strip when you first cross the causeway from Port Isabel so the road in front is quiet at night. You can rent bikes to go around the area too. Try the sushi restaurants on the island and enjoy some lazy day at the beach! We will definitely come back. Discounts apply for military and federal workers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Padre Island's newest and finest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, invites you to travel Mexico & Texas in ONE VACATION to South Padre. You'll experience the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As you enter our lobby, you will be immersed in tropical elegance. Check in will be a breeze as you and your family escape into our sea life - a 500 gallon aquarium. All our oversized rooms come with spectacular views of Laguna Madre Bay, Gulf of Mexico or our tropical poolside. If you're here for business, relax - we offer free wireless Internet in all public areas and high speed Internet access in every room as well as a complimentary full service business center. For the ultimate in convenience, all rooms have micro-fridges, coffee makers, dataport speaker phones and state-of-the art on demand movies/music and video games. Thanks to the latest technology, on demand movies can be paused/rewound so you'll never miss an important phone call. We are across the street from the Convention Center and close to championship golf, nightclubs, shopping centers and a variety of eateries. Visit Sea Turtle, Inc. or spend the day at Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park. The beach is just a short walk from your room where you can participate in deep sea fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, jet skiing or a local favorite - barbecuing on the beach. We are the perfect tropical getaway whether you're here for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites- South Padre Island
- Holiday Inn South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Holiday Inn