Talk about the location of this hotel! It is at the North end of the strip and may seem far initially. Spend some time here and you soon realize it is pretty cool.
Its walking distance from the beach, this segment of the beach is not as crowded, you can find chairs and umbrellas on rent. The Clayton bar is 100 yards away and you can grab food and drink from their, i.e. if you forgot to get your own. Clayton has a lot of shows from top artists and we sat on the beach to hear a Nelly concert for free!
It is close to the Parrot Eyes for boat rides etc. The Sea Turtle hospital and the nature center are close by too. You can head out further north to other beach locations that are more remote, but also have more sea weed.
You have to drive to the restaurants and bars, which may be a little inconvenient if you plan to drink.
Lastly, can not stop raving about the Jacuzzi inside the room, it was such a hit with us. The room facilities were great, they had Bath & Body works shampoo in the room, the included breakfast is plentiful and enjoyable.
All in all I would not have asked fir anything more for the price I paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Padre Island's newest and finest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, invites you to travel Mexico & Texas in ONE VACATION to South Padre. You'll experience the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As you enter our lobby, you will be immersed in tropical elegance. Check in will be a breeze as you and your family escape into our sea life - a 500 gallon aquarium. All our oversized rooms come with spectacular views of Laguna Madre Bay, Gulf of Mexico or our tropical poolside. If you're here for business, relax - we offer free wireless Internet in all public areas and high speed Internet access in every room as well as a complimentary full service business center. For the ultimate in convenience, all rooms have micro-fridges, coffee makers, dataport speaker phones and state-of-the art on demand movies/music and video games. Thanks to the latest technology, on demand movies can be paused/rewound so you'll never miss an important phone call. We are across the street from the Convention Center and close to championship golf, nightclubs, shopping centers and a variety of eateries. Visit Sea Turtle, Inc. or spend the day at Schlitterbahn Beach Water Park. The beach is just a short walk from your room where you can participate in deep sea fishing, horseback riding, parasailing, jet skiing or a local favorite - barbecuing on the beach. We are the perfect tropical getaway whether you're here for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites- South Padre Island
- Holiday Inn South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Holiday Inn