“We walked in this place and the main...”
Review of D Pizza Joint

D Pizza Joint
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We walked in this place and the main...”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We walked in this place and the main host/owner said right off the back "we don't have room for you right now ". He didn't even offer to have us wait. A lady nearby offered her table to us since they were leaving and he told them where we could hear "I don't want them here". When we asked him why he would say that, he completely ignored us. He was very rude. Our group was composed of 8, two families. A pregnant woman and two infants were part of the group, which surprises me because we were very nice to him. This man was rude and in my opinion also racist. The lady who attempted to give us her table was shocked and apologetic about what he did. I warn everyone about the rude and racist actions of this Uowner. Do not become a victim of an ignorant individual. I would rate it a 0 if I could.

1 Thank Yeini

Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
“Incomparable is not always a good thing...”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Pizza was marginal, at best. Few toppings, canned mushrooms and a grocery store type crust were some of the low lights. However, the pizza sauce was outstanding. The delivery was very quick, arriving in less than 30 minutes.

Dallas, TX
“Extremely disappointed”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We were in South Padre 2 years ago and D Pizza Joint was our favorite place to eat (we ate there two days in a row)! I told my kids how great it was and we could not wait to get there and have some great pizza on the Island.
Sadly, this time it wasn't even good. The pizza crust tasted like it had been frozen, it was a soggy hot mess. The place was even more run down than I remembered and the Piano Guy wasn't there. What a bummer.

texas
“really good pizzA”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

after waiting for several hours at another restaurant on the island (parrot eyes) and not getting served, we went to the "joint". arrived late (10pm) and was still busy yet we ate at the bar. really good pizza and excellent service. now, this isn't New York or the Jersey shore, so don't expect east coast pizza....for south texas, it was a really good pie.

South Padre Island, Texas
“Expensive Pizza!”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This restaurant has been around for many years. The pizza was just okay. They did put a lot of cheese, good cheese on the pizza and the sausage was good as well, BUT, we had 2 pizzas the first a large with 4 toppings and the other a small with 2 toppings, $35.00 plus tax delivery!
To be honest, I would reccomend it to people by saying that it was "just pizza", nothing special, it's not bad pizza, just expensive and just pizza. That's as fair as I can possibly be.