“Hot pizza delivered!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I ordered 5 extra large pizzas for a group of 17 one evening. We had about 2 pizzas left over! They are very large and the Supreme was overwhelming. 2 slices is enough for one person.

I ordered about 2 hours ahead of time. I requested delivery between 6 & 6:30. It arrived about 6:35. It was steaming hot. The pepperoni was best.

Thanks to all the great reviews from Trip Advisor, this was our first time to try this place and they came thru for us. I would like to go inside to hear the piano man next time.

We spent about $115 on this delivery.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Pizza crust tastes like cardboard and too expensive for the product that you get!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 18, 2008

D's Pizza joint is one of my absolute favorites on South Padre Island. They have pitchers ice cold pitchers of beer along with frozen mugs for an even colder brew. Michael the bartender is very friendly, attentive and helpful to tourists about local spots on the island to check out. Their pizza is the best I think I've had. it's crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. The jumbo stuffed jalepeno is a must have!!!! We have gotten something different the three times that we have gone and everything we have had has been outstanding. Everything always comes out hot and in a reasonable time. We would suggest this place to anyone who visits South Padre Island.

1  Thank turtle5
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed December 12, 2007

ok pizza but they should bake the chesse a lil more !

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 25, 2007

My family and I have gone to this restaurant for many years but I'm sad to say the last visit to D' Pizza Joint was the last one we will ever make....the pizza is very good but their service is terrible!! A few months ago we went and had terrible service but this last time really topped it off...it was a Sunday afternoon and there were only 2 other families in the restaurant...the tall older lady at the bar didnt even acknowledge us as we walked in..we took a seat and waited for someone to wait on us...no one ever did...another couple walked in after us and the lady at the bar asked them to take a seat anywhere they'd like...walked over to their table with menus and took their drink orders...all this time we sat there and she didnt even look our way...I know there is no possible way she couldn't have noticed us...we sat at the table in front of the bar facing her!!! I was disgusted and our group of 4 walked out of the restaurant...I truly hope this was not a prejudice gesture because I thought all that stuff should not exist in this day and era...but I'm sad to believe it probably is!! I'm telling all my friends about this incident...Sorry D' Pizza Joint but if this is the type of service you provide...you will get a bad name!!!!!!!

1  Thank hrnnc01