“My favorite place in South Padre”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Great Place.
Awesome Location right on the water !
All cool clubs and great music.
A must place to see when visiting South Padre Island.

2  Thank jflipp30
There are newer reviews for Louie’s Backyard

Reviewed June 7, 2007

Nice looking restraunt right on the water. Good food. Very un~clean kitchen, or at-least I think so... I ordered red snapper & it was delicious un till I got 1/2 way through it & found 3 hairs under the fish... The waiter (Joseph) apoligised & got the manager (Mo). Mo apoligised as well & offered to replace the 1/2 eaten entre with something else from the menu. I had them bring me a small fillet minon, which was good. My wife had the buffet & the crab was good. The bill for our dinner & drinks totaled $56.11 which I payed with my visa card & left a $15-20% tip in cash~~~ & didnt get upset about the hair in my food & I didnt complain about the laim quality of their "Top shelf margaritas"... The next evening I looked @ my online banking & seen where they debited my account 4 times @ $67.33 a POP. I imediatly took a cab down to the bar & found Mo & showed him how they billed me... He nicely said that he could NOT refund my money & I would have to come back tomorrow & talk to Annie... That sure is a lot of extra work & expense to have to deal with on a vacation... THANKS LOUIE'S, costing me a day & 1/2 of stress on my vacation... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ALSO WORTH MENTIONING, I ASKED WHY MY STUB SAID $56.11 & THE DEBIT'S ON MY ACCOUNT ALL SHOWED $67.33 & THE MANAGER SAID THEY AUTOMATICLY SL@P A 20% GRATUITY ON THE BILL.... IF THIS IS THE CASE, THEN WHY DIDNT IT SAY THAT ANYWHERE? I TIP IN CASH... i CAN UNDERSTAND GRATUITY ON BIG TABLES OF 8 OR MORE PEOPLE, BUT NOT ON A TABLE OF 2 & ESPECIALLY A BUFFET WHERE THE SERVICE IS MINIMAL... The bottom line is this ----- If your a young spring breaker looking for a hot spot where you can party & dance on the deck, there are a-lot hotter places on the island to hang out, & if your an older couple looking for a place to relax & have a good dinner, there are a-lot better places to have dinner & coctails where you dont have to worry about getting ripped off... Louie's Back Yard is a Good old fashioned Tourist TRAP plain & simple!

1  Thank tonejunkie99
Reviewed March 10, 2007

This was the worst place that we have eaten in a very long time. Don't waste your money or exert the energy to even walk through the door. The food is bad, the atmosphere is bad and the service is bad.

It takes a bad restaurand to even ruin the baked potato portion of your meal, but this restaurant even accomplished that.

Costs way to much money for bad food.

2  Thank MinnesotaShadow
Reviewed November 29, 2006

We thought we'd try Louie's after seeing a coupon for free dessert and asked around about their famous seafood buffet. we were very disappointed. the food was mediocre at best.

2  Thank sallymae
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin TX
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Heard so much about this place,so we visited on Tuesday the 20th. Should have went to Amberjacks instead. It was a warm evening so we decided to sit in doors as the hostess said it was air conditioned inside. It was as hot indoors as it was outside. Ordered off the regular menu and paid $15 for very poor food..fish was dry and over cooked. The waitress then disappeard and I had to hunt down someone else so I could pay the check. There are better places to go to...don't believe the hype.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member