Tripadvisor

“average food”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed January 21, 2020

The atmosphere is great, with live music, right on the bay.
Service was a little slow. I had the grilled seafood platter, and my fish was not flaky, more like mushy and not much taste, the shrimp were tough. My husband's sandwich was good. After the entrees, we had a pina colada that was awful....no taste, very little rum and tasted more like a slushy. I found it strange that they had no tartar sauce for my fish.....which would have helped with the lack of seasoning.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for coming by and for taking a couple of minutes to share your honest opinion. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, however I'm sorry that your seafood plate and pina colada could have been better. I will definitely look into your concerns on my end. If you're ever inclined to give us another try, I would love to welcome you back anytime.

Dan, Owner

Write a reviewReviews (2,461)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

My Wife and I went there on a Sunday to watch the NFL playoffs. The Ribs were outstanding as were the onion Rings, Lots of beer to choose from. The place was packed all 4 sections of the lounge were full yet service was great and our server Raquel was very attentive.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Steve, its great to hear that you and your wife loved the ribs and onion rings! Thanks for the kind words about our beer selection and service with Raquel as well. Hope to have you both back in the future!

Have a great rest of your week,

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Stopped by fo lunch. Very good. Sat by the bay and listened to the one man band play classics rock and county. Very good. You can tell this is a hot spot with the spring break crowd. Food was good and a fair price. Would recommend to anyone

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm so glad that you enjoyed coming by for lunch! Thanks for the great feedback about our food and entertainment. Hope to have you back in the future!

Best,

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Since it was my birthday, we splurged and ate the buffet as we had been getting early bird specials for several of our most recent visits. DELICIOUS. A bit pricey as buffet for 2 adds about $20 to bill compared to early bird specials. Baked potato was cooked to PERFECTION. Of course, 1 free chocolate cake with coupon from free Coastal Current newspaper. We each eat a couple bites of cake and take the rest home for bedtime snacks. If prime rib is a little too rare for you, step over to grill where ribs are being prepared. Grill master will cook it some more to your preference. My husband eats it as is. Our server was one of the best we have EVER had!! Sorry I did not get her name.

Date of visit: January 2020
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

I'm so glad to hear that you came by for birthday and loved the buffet! Thank you so much for the kind words about our different food options. I would love to have you and your husband back again sometime!

Best,

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

We went with friends for Wednesday happy hour. The place was really busy. We had a dozen wings but only three of the twelve pieces were recognizable as chicken wings. Six pieces were some kind of a bone with a clump of meat on the end. They were not one of two parts of a chicken wing. At the very least these chicken parts are from a sub par supplier.

Date of visit: January 2020
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share some honest feedback about our wings. I'm so sorry to hear that they weren't your favorite. If you're ever willing to give something else on our menu a try, I'd love to welcome you back anytime.