“Buffet”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For the price? No complaints on taste or atmosphere, service fantastic, welcoming and wonderful view but just ok on buffet. I didn’t like the buffet set up. Needs a less crowded area for the line. was a cluster.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Mellissa, thanks for coming by to try out our buffet. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, atmosphere, service and views! Thank you for your honest feedback about the buffet set up. I appreciate hearing from you.

Dan, Owner

Write a reviewReviews (2,416)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is completely filthy dirty we had a roach crawl out from under our plate and the manger didn’t even come check on our table to compensate they offered us a disgusting piece of chocolate cake with an old wrinkled strawberry on it ! At one point during our visit we got this huge intense strong odor of sewer and at this point my wife and kids could no longer deal with being there they straight up got up and left didn’t finish their food they couldn’t do it ! And the service is horrible the staff serving the buffet are rude and unfriendly they treat you as if your begging for free food as if we’re not paying $25 per person to eat ! They place was hot as well and the drinks were watered down just an over all horrible expensive mistake . I would definitely not recommend this place I would advise Anyone to try anything but this disgusting dirty place !

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience when you came by. Please know that I appreciate you taking the time to share your honest feedback as it can always help us to make improvements. If there is anything at all that I can do, don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

$25 all you can eat buffet. skip all other items but the crab legs. the prime rib was good but the crab is what we are here for right? the grilled shrimp are tasty. dont bother calling to find out the price of buffet, they never answer phone, facebook or emails. they lost our dinner money for 5 days due to this fact and other people saying it was $30 to $40. but at $25 it is worth it.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share some great feedback about our buffet. I'm so glad you love the crab legs! Hope to have you back for another positive experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little Sports Bar with awesome bartenders Garrett and Joe. small outside balcony to watch the sunset. Order the Porkchop best thing on the menu. Will definitely return!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Susan, I'm so glad that you love our place! Thank you for the positive feedback about our service, atmosphere and menu. I'm so glad you enjoyed the pork chop. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to SPI for a week with my parents and best friend. We saw an airplane advertising Louie’s seafood buffet. After looking into the reviews, we were not 100% sure we wanted to go. The reviews were all over the place- from bad service, small portions, cold food. After much hesitation, we decided to go ahead and go. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! The portions of the crab legs were hefty, food was hot and deliciously fried, salad bar was amazing and my prime rib could be cut with a butter knife. Drinks were pricey but the view was spectacular. Our waitress was also wonderful! We will most definitely be returning to SPI and will hit up the seafood buffet at Louie’s when we return!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It makes me so happy to hear that you had such an incredible experience when you came by! Thank you for taking the time to share some positive feedback about our buffet, service and views. I look forward to the next time you come by in the future!