“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Houston, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2014

My husband and I visited SPI this summer, a lot of people had recommented to eat the buffet at Louie's but we got there late and we missed the buffet, we order later dinner and the food was really good, we order the house burger and it was amazing! would definately try the buffet next time.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
I'm happy you took those recommendations and came to check us out, Ruth! Sounds like you enjoyed what your ordered -- would love for you to give the buffet a try next time too. Thanks for the compliments. Come back to see us soon.

Until then,

“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2014

The view is amazing! Our waiter was incredibly rude though. She seemed annoyed when asked to refill my glass. The buffet was ok, really good for the price. They do not want you to serve yourself, and the people that are supposed to serve you have a tendency to disappear. I do not mind having someone else serve me, I just do not want to have to hunt you down to get a hush puppy. We probably will not visit this place again because of the wait staff.

• Visited July 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't feel taken care of when you were here. When you eat with us, your server should greet you with a smile and accommodate any request you might have throughout the meal. It sounds like that wasn't the case when you came in, and I sincerely apologize. It's never acceptable in my eyes for a server to be rude in any way, so I'll make sure to bring your feedback to the attention of the whole staff. In the meantime, I hope you'll give us another shot at really impressing you. I know we can.

All the best,
Frisco, Texas
“Mr Michael R.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

Michael R. was our waiter on 8/30/14 at Louie's and he was very professional and friendly, he made our first visit very enjoyable, being it was our 1st time visiting South Padre , MICHAEL U ROCK!!!!!! The Smiley Family (Dallas,TX)

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Glad you chose us to be part of your first visit to SPI, Christina! Sounds like you all had a great time and Michael really took care of you. I'll make sure to pass along the compliments. Can't wait to welcome you back.

Cheers!
TUCSON
“Louie's Backyard South Padre Island 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were hoping for a really nice view of the bay, but it was too hot to sit near water. No outside fans of any kind made for hot dining. Inside is cramped with the all you can eat buffet in an inconvenient location. People in line for buffet were right on top of diners.

Our server, Tony, was great. He was attentive and very helpful. Kept our glasses full and offered some information about night life and the bar at Louie's.

Wish that had been ceiling fans to made dining outside more comfortable.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Although it's great to hear that Tony took such great care of you, Gregory, I'm disappointed that the heat made your meal with us uncomfortable. We've organized the space for the best flow possible, but I apologize if you felt cramped when you were here. I'll keep your comment about fans in mind moving forward since we always want to make sure you're having the best time you can have here. I really appreciate the feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best,
Dallas, Texas
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

We visted this place it was ok. We went after the plane was advertising this place. Im not a big seafood eater so the all you can eat is sort to a waste of money. The prime rib is really good, tell them to throw it on the grill. The inside was really smokey from the grill and flies were all over the food. I was not that impress with the food, again Im not a seafood eater. The all you can eat is about $23 a person. You can set outside by the water and the view is great. Our waiter was great and attentive. It was a Fri and a band was setting up to place, but we didnt stay long enough to listen to the band. Overall I will not go back, my hubby like it but I didnt and what I say goes! LOL

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hey, Ann! Thanks for checking us out during your trip to South Padre. It sounds like you’re not the biggest seafood fan, but that’s no problem at all! Our menu has a little something for everyone, including fresh pastas, Mexican favorites and classic steaks. I’d love to welcome you and your husband back in the next time you visit to check out a few more of our dishes. A nice dinner by the water is the perfect way to spend date night! Hope to see you soon.

Take care,