“Great atmosphere, Okay Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great atmosphere, Okay Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went specifically for the fireworks show that they put on every Thursday night. Place was packed when we arrived about an hour before show time. Waited in line to get seated, hostess gave us perfect seats which were outside on the patio, right on the water, centered in front of the display which was setup on the water in the harbor in front of the restaurant. Several boats pulled up full of people to watch the show as well. I have to say that this show was one of the better ones I have seen, longer than you would think and the finale was great, the view on the water made it even better. Now to the food, checked out the buffet and decided to pass on that due to how it looked, ordered a shrimp platter hoping that since I ordered it would be better quality. Shrimp were small and over cooked, served over dry rice. Very disappointing considering we are right on the gulf, expected better. Giving 4 stars because we would go back despite the food and just know what to expect. Highly recommend the fireworks show.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us overall, Tim. I just wish you were as impressed with our food as you were with the fireworks. Did you end up saying anything to your server about your disappointment? We're eager to make things right immediately, and the last thing we want is for guests like you to be displeased. The next time you come see us, be sure to speak up -- we're all ears!

I can't wait for your next visit. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,

Sulphur, Oklahoma
“Louie's continue to excel through the years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've made it a point to visit Louie's Backyard everytime I visit South Padre Island (8 times). Louie's seafood buffet never fails to live up to expectations. Good selection, great food! The price of food is very reasonable for what you get.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for the support, Lawson! The fact that you always make it a point to come see us means more than you know! We appreciate the review and are looking forward to your next (and ninth) visit.

See you soon,
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I came to this restaurant with my boyfriend during our visit to SPI. Good food, friendly staff. We got the buffet for that visit and had unlimited salad, seafood, and ribeye. Wasn't our favorite place on SPI, but it was a good visit. Beautiful view.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for coming by, Hillary! I'm happy to hear you and your boyfriend had a nice visit. Your kind words on our food, service and views mean a lot -- appreciate you mentioning them. I hope you two will come back and see us the next time in the area!

'Til then,
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Honestly, going to the restruant after a sad trip to the island had made our vacation a whole lot better thanks to your service, food and employe Jake. Food was great, atmosphere was incredible and most likely I will come here again. Thank you so much!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I'm bummed you had a sad trip to the island, but I can't help but be happy that we were a bright spot for y'all, Greg! Thanks for coming by and for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you again the next time you're on SP!!

All the best,
Dan, Owner
“Good food and an awesome fireworks show.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This place has ample seating and good food. The fireworks show was great. Our server Josh was very nice and helpful. Our youngest son didn't want to eat anything they had at the buffet so Josh day beside him and talked with him about what he would want to eat. He finally decided on cheese fries which isn't even on the menu. And Josh had them make it for him. I couldn't thank him enough!! The downfall of the food is the area. The serving line area is small and cramped. The line can get rather long and everyone is right on top of each other while waiting to get their food. The selection of seafood was appropriate, but I felt like there could have been a better selection of other food items. Like a better salad bar with some fruit and add some desserts to the buffet. Other than that it was good.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Sounds like Josh saved the day! I love the fact that he chatted with your son and helped him figure out what he wanted to eat. I'll definitely make sure he sees this review. Thanks for swinging by during your time on the island, Shannon. I appreciate your feedback on the buffet. We're always working on ways to make it better, so your critiques are especially helpful!

Thanks again, and I hope we'll see you soon.

All the best,