“Michael R. Is da best!!!”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Richardson, Texas
“Michael R. Is da best!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Louie's is a very crowded after about 7, so go early. The food was good and reasonably priced. We had a wonderful server, Michael R. We will return on our next trip.

Visited July 2014
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Way to start off this review with fabulous advice, Karen! Sounds like Michael really impressed you -- I'm glad to hear it. Can't wait to have y'all back!

See you soon,

Dallas, Texas
“Great Service/Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great atmosphere and service. Food was good (we had the buffet), but not great. Our server (Kala) was great.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thanks for the kind words on our service and atmosphere! I'm disappointed to hear you weren't such big fans of our buffet. If you have any feedback on how we can make it better, we'd love to hear it! Hope we'll see you soon.

All the best,
Belton, Texas
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

All I can say is Wow!! This place is a MUST on your Padre trip! Great food, excellent service and an amazing atmosphere on the bay! We enjoyed the fireworks show over the bay. The party boat cruising by was very entertaining! Can't wait to go again! !

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I absolutely love reviews like this! Thanks for taking the time to rave about us here on TripAdvisor. It's always our goal to get a reaction like this out of our guests, and your recommendation made me smile from ear to ear! Come back and see us soon, OK?

Thanks again,
Morton, Texas
“Nope - nothing exciting about this food.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We decided to go to Louie's since we saw a plane flying over the beach with an ad - FIREWORKS ON THE BAY AT LOUIE'S - JOIN US AT 9:15. Needless to say - the FIREWORKS were all that were exciting here. The offered a buffet of seafood and prime rib that was very average and bland in our opinion especially for the price of $25 per person. :/ The kids menu was very limited. The restrooms were very dirty. The waitress had so many tables I felt bad for her and almost wanted to help - which means we were not waited on very well. NOW - the fireworks display was one of the best I've ever seen! So if you want to pay $25 to watch fireworks - well there you go. We then had to split the bill between my sister's fam and mine which is usually not a problem for most restaurants....well the waitress had to manually figure it and almost overcharged us - I had to recheck the total and she had added an addt $10 to mine. Well - to end this review - we won't go back. sorry.

2 Thank Hope A
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I'm so disheartened to hear how put off you were by your experience with us, Hope. I know you weren't a fan of our buffet, but might I suggest our other dining options? I think you'd love our menu options. Glad to hear you enjoyed our fireworks -- they're one of our favorite things over the summer. I hope you'll consider giving us another try. Your next experience will be a great one -- promise!

All the best,
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service/Good food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had such a great time at Louie's Backyard. Great food, fireworks and great service from our waiter Michael R. Can't wait for our next trip to South Padre Island

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vicki M
Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Oh, I'm so glad to hear you had an awesome time with us, Vicki! Thanks for the 5 stars. Happy you joined us for fireworks -- it's definitely an event everyone should experience! Come back and see us again soon, OK?

Best,