“awesome.”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed July 18, 2014

by far the best bar in south padre, the food and view was great. Jesse gave us amazing service. would definitely come back and ask for him.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

What a wonderful review! Thanks for the 5 stars, and I'm honored you think we're the best in SPI. Jesse will be so happy to read this review! We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I along with my friend, visited Louie's after positive reviews. I will admit that reviews are not always accurate. In this case they are. We were seated quickly and was given a great spot to watch the sunset, which I had heard was perfect from your location. Paul was our waiter and took care of us the whole night, even recommending several items to eat. We did end up eating the buffet which was perfect. Paul again made sure we were always happy and answered questions about different spots to visit while on the island. I enjoyed every aspect of my visit to your place. I am down in the RGV area for work & will stop by again. I recommend to ask for Paul for anyone who stops by, although I am sure your other waiters & staff are just as happy to make 2 city people feel at home.

Sounds like our reviews didn't steer you wrong -- I couldn't be happier to hear it! Thanks for giving us a shot and swinging by. I'm ecstatic to hear how well Paul took care of you. You said it: The rest of our staff would treat you the same way! I'm proud of the awesome work they do. Thanks again, and I can't wait to have y'all back!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our waiter, Patrick was very friendly and made our dining experience awesome. He gave us a great recommendation for food.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Patrick's the man! So glad y'all had an awesome time with us, Amanda. Will we see you again soon this summer? Hope so!

Best,

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? This is a must visit restaurant. I have to admit that I almost didn't eat at this restaurant because it offered a buffet, so I thought it would be typical status quo. Boy was I mistaken. The buffet offered so much, from salad, slaw, fresh fruit, pasta salad to cooked veggies, fried shrimp, shrimp bubba, shrimp scampi, peel and eat shrimp, fried calamari, BBQ ribs, chicken fingers, prime rib, and snow crab legs...all you can eat. The food was delicious, the wait staff attentive and eager to please. The view magnificent, overlooking the bay. We watched the sun sit in the bay. In addition, there was entertainment, Hawaiian music and dancers. It was a beautiful evening with a nice breeze and Dillon, our server, attended to our needs. We fed the fish as we ate. The down side? The line was extremely long for the buffet but it moved quickly. There are two buffets, one inside and one outside. The cherry on top was the price...great bargain for your money..

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's so nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit with us. From the fresh fruit to the prime rib, it's really to hear that you tried a variety of our buffet. It's always a great night when you can watch the sunset, as well. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went to Louie's backyard with my girlfriend and got sat near the water. The view of the bay was amazing. It helped the mood while we enjoyed the drinks and desserts. The waiter Jake R. was very attentive.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

It's so great to hear that you enjoyed both views! I really appreciate the kind words here on TripAdvisor. Next time you're in town, stop in and visit us.

Best,