“Great Ribs but too many smokers”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had been hearing about Louies and anticipated something a bit nicer. I was a bit shocked by the cigarette smoke. It was really intense. Also- they could use a serious deep cleaning of the carpets etc. The ribs keep bringing me back though. We decided to eat outside one sunset evening. The mosquitos also had a feast... on us. Next time I'll cover myself in bug spray. The highlight of the evening was our waiter. The staff at Louies is really great. The Cocktails are pretty great too. "the gulp of Mexico"..ha ha. Don't miss the old photos on the walls. Great Island History.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

68_melissa_68,

Thank you for sharing! Glad you're such a big fan of the ribs—they're a crowd favorite. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff. They'll appreciate them! I apologize if the smoke made you uncomfortable. We do have designated areas in our restaurant for smokers, so if you'd like to be seated elsewhere, feel free to let us know. Hope to see you again, sooner rather than later!

Dan, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

my husband i went to this restaurant twice while on our vacation one night to party and the next night to have a nice dinner both time we had a blast and the food is delicious is a big place and lots of fun staff is friendly we highly recommend it to any one for sure we be back on our next vacation in the mid summer.

wandao66,

It's great to hear that you and your husband had such a good time, you visited us twice! Thank you for recommending us. We appreciate your kind words, and look forward to seeing you again this summer!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place has a very nice view on the patio. A great seafood buffet for a great price. We were there on a Friday night & they had a lady singing. She was very talented.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

LauraGreiner,

Nothing beats a good ocean view, a good patio, and a good seafood buffet! Glad you loved our special guest as well. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is huge...seating is available right on the water's edge of the Bay...that's as good as it gets...

We ordered off the menu because we don't do Buffets...my wife ordered the fried shrimp dinner which included 6 shrimp a few fries, I had this shrimp linguini dish that came with nothing...It's hard to mess up fried shrimp but the shrimp linguini dish tasted awful, like it had come off the Buffet...the noodles were all swollen and the sauce was non existent....I normally don't write bad reviews, but this place deserved it. My only conclusion is our waiter went up to their buffet line and made us a plate.

With 2 Bud Lights each and 2 Meals....$60.00 No return visit for me...

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went to Louie's Backyard last night for Dinner... Nice Buffet with Seafood, Prime Rib, and Sides... Very good Value as it was $20 a head... Lots to eat including Crab Legs, 4 different Shrimp Dishes, Prime Rib... etc.. Had a great time! Check it out while on South Padre Island!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

terrybeck7,

Thanks for sharing! I'm happy to hear that you all got your money's worth with our buffet. We appreciate you recommending us, and look forward to seeing everyone again!

All the best,