“Totally satisfied. Our new "Go To" place on South Padre Island!”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I had no reservations, saw this place in the local guide paper and decided to check it out. This is a beach restaurant/Bar and I can't think of anyplace I've been recently that compares to this place! We were given 3 seating options; Dining room, covered or uncovered patio. We sat on the covered patio and were immediately greeted by Doug, thin young man, long curly hair and a smile. We both had the buffet and were happy with the selection. Not a huge buffet, but the items on it were fantastic... Prime Rib, Baby Back Ribs, Snow Crab Legs, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Shrimp Scampi, an assortment of fried seafood, a salad bar and a few sides were available. The food was prepared very well, the Prime was tender and cooked M. Rare, ribs fell off the bone and the crab was sweet, not overly brined as so many other places do. Doug checked in on us several times and was the best server I've encountered in a few years, he was pleasant, professional, he knew the menu and I heard him make meal recommendations to other patrons seated nearby. The food was awesome, Our waiter was outstanding, and would you believe, that buffet is only $20 per person??? Fantastic bargain! We had a coupon for "Death by Chocolate" Doug brought out this Huge wedge of cake, it must have weighed 3/4 lb! My wife and I were totally satisfied with this dining experience! This will be our "Go To" place on any future trips to South Padre Island.

There are newer reviews for Louie’s Backyard

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Look, whatever I write about this place can not and will not do it justice. The food is absolutely amazing. As it gets closer to vacation time, my mouth will literally water for the shrimp they serve on their nightly dinner buffet. The atmosphere is awesome as it is right on the water and we always sit outside, but there is inside seating as well. They always seem to have something going on, either a show or the weekend fireworks exhibit that is just out in the water. The only reason I give it 4/5 is because we have had a few run-ins with the service people. Be it the "manager in training" that tried to berate my mother last year for asking about our table or the other service person that told my 12 year-old son to "move out of the way because he was trying to seat someone." With that said, they are very busy most of the time and the actual manager came out and apologized over and over so that more than made up for it. Louie's is a great place, and like I said, we have been going there for years and like it so much we go twice during our yearly stay in SPI.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We found our way to the upstairs bar area just in time to partake of their half-price rib special and one of the best cover bands I have ever heard. We had a wonderful time, staying through sunset. There are at least three other areas at Louie's, which we didn't visit, but this one was a great time.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Only 20.00 per person and well worth the price. Peel and eat shrimp, shrimp scampi, crab legs, bbq baby back ribs, cajun fish, prime rib, salad bar, etc. Great desserts too!!!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We went out to dinner one night to their buffet...It was very good as far as buffets go...although our waiter was awesome!! He was very entertaining!!
We will be going back here again!! The ribs were to die for!!!