“Fresh, fresh, fresh”
Review of Captain Donut

Captain Donut
“Fresh, fresh, fresh”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The smell as you walk in says it all. The donuts here are fresh and GOOD. There is a good variety of yeast and glazed donuts, but your eyes are drawn to the cinnamon rolls. Some are topped with nuts, another variety includes apples. We tried the straight cinnamon rolls and boy are they good. One is enough for two or more. We bought an extra and took it to a friend's for dessert that night. For cake donut lovers, the cake donuts were plain. I asked if they would customize them for me with frosting and they topped them just the way I wanted. Great service. Be sure to try the blueberry cake. I was skeptical, but one bite and I wanted more.

• Visited March 2014

Fort Hood, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best donuts I've ever had!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The donuts are fresh and delicious! The glazed were my favorite. Staff was very friendly! Next time you're looking for a place to have breakfast, choose Captain Donut, you won't regret it!

Winthrop, IA
“Haven't had fresh donuts like these for a long time!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

On our first morning walk around SPI, we ran into Captain Donut. Friendly staff, great coffee and melt in your mouth glazed donuts. They also make these huge cinnamon rolls with apple pieces infused in the dough. One of the staff said it was his grandma's recipe and you could tell. It was just like what grandma would make! They do not sell day old donuts. The prices were really good also. Ask Chris if he gave in and already had a donut. He fights temptation everyday he goes to work. At least that is his story.... My husband dreams about donuts from the Captain!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Denise R
Laguna Vista, Texas
“Donuts on the island”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Lots of variety. I thought the donuts were too cake like and heavy and prefer a lighter donut. But I got my sweet fix in!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank firenicz
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Little Donut Shop”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

What a unique find on the Island! Last time I was on SPI, Captain Donut wasn't around. I'm so glad it was this trip! A very clean shop that is relaxing for a good breakfast treat. They serve Green Mountain coffee which has a great K-cup selection. The donuts were deliciously fresh fried and the icing were just perfect; not too light but not too much either. Classic flavors to unique flavors that are always changing. If you're looking for a sweet breakfast, spot here for a good donut or a GREAT mountain of a cinnamon roll!

1 Thank PJKandACK