“Decent lower cost condo”
Review of Gulf View

Gulf View
Gulf View
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Gulfview 1, is an older condo complex and the southern end of the island. Its clean, and well maintained. Our room, 511, was also clean and adequatley stocked with all the things that you are likely to need. There is no laundry facility inside the condo. The downside to this complex is that it attracts families with small children, lots of them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were a group of 6 people, we stayed for 2 nights.
Everything was pefect! we loved the condo, 202, it had all the things needed for a kitchen, the beds were comfortable and it had enough space.

We were told that we had to wear bracelets to be in the pool, and if they were lost we would pay a 25 dll fine for each one. These are blue rubber bracelets, and when I checked out the lady at the office asked me if all bracelets were in the room.. I did not know that we had to return them, and then she pointed to the contract were it said if it was lost 25 dlls would be charged, but I assumed that meant DURING the stay, nowhere did it state that after we left, we had to leave them, so if you plan on staying here put them back in your room!

Overall, this is a great place! Cammy was VERY helpful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MJHC14
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Pearl has got to be a Must Stay place. My friends and I had such a great experience that we are already planning our next trip down there. The staff was so nice and helpful, they really knew their way around the island. The view we had off of our balcony was incredible. The pool was really cool having the heated wet bar, it made it very convenient for the guests. Everything about this hotel was great.

Room Tip: The two bedroom condo on the 12th floor is a must! The balcony is really big, and the view is incred...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Some friends and I decided to go to South Padre for spring break and staying at the Pearl had to have been one of the best decions we made. The staff was incredibly helpful and nice. The view was unbelivable and the pool was awesome. The beds were really comfortable. All in all we had the experience of our lives. I will definitely be coming back to the Pearl everytime I come back to South Padre.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed in Gulf View II room 111, nice place. Enjoyed the stay a lot. Will say that the pool area wasn't as clean as it should be...but in all had a great time! Will be going again!
Sonja Axelrod
Garland, Texas

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sonjaaxelrod
Reviewed June 1, 2011

we stayed at Gulf view I room 110 it was great it was a pool front 1 bedroom condo, everything was great also had a pull out sofa, the pool was clean we had music and no one was bother also they have 2 cazebos which you have to get up early to get one.. will definetly stay there again. pool closes at 11pm. mattres need to be updated and pillows .

Room Tip: room was infront of pool it was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2010

First they charge a hundred dollars for deposit, fine, then there is an additional forty dollars charge for basic cleaning then boom the rest of the amount for staying there - total for 2 nights was $544.05. We stayed in room 202 it had the convenience of dishes to cook there but the shower was backed up soooooo gross. That in itself is inconvenient to have to call someone to fix. I am a neat freak, I made sure the place stayed as neat as possible I swept picked up all the trash, washed all the dishes cleaned with a rag the countertops, tables, etc. All I left was the trashbags (didn't know where to throw the big bags) and beds unmade. Well they didn't return my deposit claiming the place was filthy. In short they are thieves and liars.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family