“Must dine restaurant...!”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Bob, Dan couldn't have been any more wrong about the food.

We were a party of 4 and had 4 great meals! Scallops, Sea Bass, Grouper and Filet Mignon. Fresh baked bread, delicious salads and to die for scallop potatoes!!

Every time we visit SPI (3-4 times a year), we always have a meal at the Sea Ranch!

Service was also excellent. Thank you Eddie!

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thanks so much for this excellent review! I'm so glad you all enjoyed your meals, and we are so appreciative of your loyalty. We look forward to having you back many times in the future, and I promise we'll continue to work hard to impress you!

All the best,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food is very average but very expensive. My grouper came with a baked potato and salad, and was 23.99, and was COLD! Others at the table ordered a whole snapper fried, which is hard to mess up, it was at least hot and good, the specials of the day were snapper, with linguini and a salad and two small shrimp for $31.00. Thats fine if the the food is really good but the food was very average but the other plates were at least hot. One person ordered oysters rockefeller, the oysters came on the half shell covered in a pile of brocolli to hide the minisule oysters!! when it was brought to the servers attention the the oysters were tiny he told us that oysters were out of season and they were using precooked oysters!!! But the prices were the same as for fresh oysters !!! The service was slow, perhaps thats why my food was cold.. They give themselves aires of being a 5 star restaurant but serve condiments in plastic containers, really? The appetizers i'm sure are prepacked and fried and taste that way.
The restaurant has a great view, the balcony is great. I recommend going for drinks and leaving for a better meal elsewhere. I haven't ever had a meal here which I thought was worth the crazy prices and I've eaten here several times throughout the years, this however was the worst experience of the bunch.

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

It's really disappointing to hear about this, Dan, especially since you've had so many fabulous meals with us. While I'm confident that we're capable of much better quality, I want to discuss this with our team immediately, so please let me know if you have any further details that you'd like to share. Until then, thanks for your candor. I hope we'll have another chance to make this up to you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to Padre with our extended family, so were fortunate enough to get a date night one Saturday. This was a feast at a reasonable price, with a date night atmosphere, vs. the regular island style. I thoroughly recommend this place for a laid back but nice date night. However, leave the kids under 5 years at home for this place. If not, They may get bored and you won't get to enjoy the fabulous deck.

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Lindsay, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your date night with us! We appreciate your recommendation, and will look forward to seeing you next time you're on the Island.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere here is odd - like a place that was fancy in the 1980's. but the setting on the docks is fun and the sunset was lovely. The whole snapper special was pretty tasty, but again, the side dishes were circa 1985. They tasted pretty good, but we couldn't shake the feeling that we'd gone back in time. The caesar salad dressing tasted like it was bottled, and for $17 it should be home made - table side. The calamari was AWFUL. The service was nice and the waiter attentive and friendly. overall, this place was kind of sweet but waaaaaaaaaaay overpriced for anything that wasn't whole fresh fish.

1  Thank Gruvkitty

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our view and friendly service, but sorry you weren't impressed overall. We take pride in our fresh-from-the-Gulf seafood, so I'm disappointed that you didn't see the value! I hope you'll give us another chance to impress you sometime—I know we will.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I expected this to be an excellent place, especially if you judge by the food prices. I agree with another reviewer that the atmosphere is dull, and they try hard to be fancy. We went on a rainy night, so we did not get a good feel of the view. The service was great, though.

1  Thank austinamers

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, and will be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff. I'm disappointed, however, that you weren't impressed with our atmosphere—we really do have a great view! I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're on the Island. I'm sure we can impress you!