“This is average disguised as fancy”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Austin, TX
“This is average disguised as fancy”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I expected this to be an excellent place, especially if you judge by the food prices. I agree with another reviewer that the atmosphere is dull, and they try hard to be fancy. We went on a rainy night, so we did not get a good feel of the view. The service was great, though.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank austinamers
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, and will be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff. I'm disappointed, however, that you weren't impressed with our atmosphere—we really do have a great view! I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're on the Island. I'm sure we can impress you!

Dallas
“Worthy surprise”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having been to South Padre Island 8 times now, I had never eaten that far "down the island" The Sea Ranch will definitely be added to my must eat there on my future visits. From appetizer to dessert I was impressed. The food is hot (a must), flavorful, well presented and the service was well timed, not too intrusive but anticipatory. The Wine list has enough to please most price points. The food portions are more than enough to satisfy. I can and will recommend the Sea Ranch, a nice place for an not so casual meal

• Visited August 2013
Thanks for your review, I'm glad to hear you finally made it in to see us! I'm thrilled you were impressed with our food, service and wine list, and definitely appreciate your recommendation. We'll look forward to seeing you again next time.

Bob Friedman, Owner
“View to die for and prices will do you in.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Service was great our waiter was awesome. The atmosphere is dull and they try too hard to be fancy. Food wasn't worth its extremely over price. View of the bay was amazing and the only thing to really come for.

• Visited August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the service, but sorry you weren't impressed by our atmosphere or food. We're proud of our fresh-from-the-Gulf seafood, so it's disappointing that you didn't see the value. Our fans don't mind paying a little more for that special Padre flavor, and I hope you'll agree. We'd love another opportunity to impress you!

Texas
“Great seafood”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We usually eat here at least once during our stays on South Padre. Dependable food and service. They have a large menu of items so everyone in the family will find something they like.

1 Thank TxMamacita
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm thrilled to hear you were impressed with our food and service, and that everyone enjoys our menu selection! We're honored you've made us a must-eat during your trips to Padre, and will look forward to the next time.

Houston
“Good and packed”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The place was very friendly and service was quick and easy.

We arrive about 5ish, which i think is perfect with only 5min wait time. By the time we left the restaurant around 6-7ish.. it was packed, the line all the way out the door to the stairway.

The view was awesome, as they have a large window throught out the place. you can see cruise leaving the bay and ppl coming back. The seafood was good but not fanastic compare to some other Houston restaurant we had. Lots of rave on the oyster, but we had better. But for the price I would say this is best that South padre had to offer.

We when here because Dirty Al was a 30min+ wait.

• Visited August 2013
Tom, thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you were seated promptly and got a chance to enjoy our view—we love it! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, but disappointed you weren't "wowed". We'd love to know what we can do to make your next experience a 5-star one!

Best,