“So so food”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

There are a lot of other options at South Padre. We were looking for local fresh food, but this was a typical seafood place you could see any where.

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thanks for sharing. While I appreciate your comments, it's troubling to know that we could not leave you with a better impression. Impressing our customers with consistent quality and excellent service is always our goal.

What did you order? What do you think we could be doing better? We'd love to hear more about your experience, so please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always striving to improve! Meanwhile, I hope you'll be back to give us another chance. I know we have what it takes to wow you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went there for a nice meal with my girlfriend and everything went wrong. Had the clam chowder and they brought it out barely room temp. Then reheated it in the microwave.... I refused to eat it knowing this... unfortunately my girlfriend ate hers. A few hours later she began vomitting violently and spent the rest of the night with a bucket by the bed... I also wouldn't eat the rest of my meal as it also was misprepared. I paid for my meal and tipped thewaitress since she tried her best. I wouldn't recommend eating anyplace that doesn't understand the concept of properly storing and heating food. Especially when dealing with seafood.

2  Thank phoenix8770
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I'm sorry to hear about your dining experience. Customer satisfaction is crucial to us as we strive to impress all of our diners. Having said that, this really does not sound like us. Under no circumstance would we reheat your food "in the microwave"--this would be entirely unacceptable and is not how I run my restaurant.

I'm also sorry to hear that your girlfriend got sick. All of our food is home cooked with only the freshest ingredients, so I would be very surprised if she got sick from our food. Regardless, give her my best. If you have any further comments of concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

A great place! Very nice bar to have a quiet drink. Wrap around deck for drinks and socializing. The dining area night time ambiance is wonderful! Dark blue ceilings and lighting with wood sculptured fish hanging so it feels like you are dining under the sea. We had the grouper, pan fried shrimp and scallops and all were outstanding! Very light yet filling. Service was great too! I'm going back!

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thanks for your kind review. I'm glad you've enjoyed "dining under the sea" with us. There's nothing that makes us happier than hearing that we're doing things right--the kitchen will be thrilled to hear how satisfied you were with the grouper, shrimp and scallops. We're all very proud of the dishes we serve!

I appreciate you taking the time to review us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was told by a local to go to this place and it was absolutely wonderful. My boyfriend I got the scallops and tuna and oysters Rockefeller as a starter. Tuna was so good like melt in your mouth steak.. Great ambiance as well. I would recommend this place to anyone willing to spend over 50$ on some fab food

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you and your boyfriend had an "absolutely wonderful" time here. We're proud of the food we serve, so it's nice to hear back from customers who appreciate the hard work we put into it! I appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you back here again soon. Take care.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent seafood and great ambiance. We were right in the marina, eating shrimp and boat watching. Can it get much better than this?

Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks for your kind review. We always aim to give our guests an unforgettable experience, so it's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. If it gets any better than boat watching in the marina while eating shrimp, I'd like to see that place! I appreciate your kind words about our restaurant and bar. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.