“Great food, great service”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Lubbock, Texas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went three nights in a row. Ate in the bar all three nights as we love the atmosphere in there. They were out of the red snapper the first night but said it would be fresh on Saturday when the boat came in. We actually watched them unload the boat and boyfriend had a whole red snapper that night. I usually stick to an appetizer size of the shrimp. Can be a little pricey but good seafood in a nice atmosphere is worth it.

Visited February 2012

Houston, Texas
“Don't waste your money or time...you can get bad food anywhere for less money”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I told my server that the piece of what was supossedly Red Snapper was honestly "the worst piece of fish I had ever eaten in my entire life" and was full of scales. Even though it was taken off the bill, I would have thought the manager would have taken the time to stop by the table and offer an apology. To make sure I wasn't being overly critical I had my girlfriend try it and she spit it out into the bread basket....it wasn't my taste buds that were off.

I was excited to see the poke appetizer, but I think Chef Roy Yamaguchi (Roy's of Hawaii) would not appreciate having his name mentioned on their menu and associated with such a terrible representation of poke. It was little more than some grocery store quality guacamole with some pieces of tuna cut so large they handn't even been able to absorb any flavor from the minimal sauce. There was very little sesame flavor at all so finally out of frustration I resorted to taking my girlfriend's soy/wasabi mix from her tuna appetizer and reseasoned the entire dish to make it pallateable.

Needless to say, very disappointed. This is the type of seafood quality seen in the tourist trap restaurants along the Florida panhandle - not at all what I was hoping for...

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Fishguy77057
Chicago, Illinois
“It Might As Well Be Fresh Fish If You're on the Gulf”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

With "deep friend", "breaded" and "fresh frozen" (what does that mean anyway?) being the common method of preparation and type of fish offered in too many gulf coast restaurants, it's a pleasure to be offered snapper, grouper and flounder that are fresh wild and prepared in a simple pan fry. Couple that with good service and a nice vibe and you've got a decent restaurant. Meat lovers have options as well from a decently varied menu.

Visited February 2012
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Ambience with price tag”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Sea Ranch has pretty good food, great view, and would be good for a special occasion. There are comparable places for better value.

Austin, TX
“Lured by the coupon...”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

...for a free shrimp cocktail, but this restaurant was excellent in every way. Great shrimp, great location, wonderful and funny waiter--Sergio from Brazil. As a solo diner, I sometimes feel less valued than a big-tipping tableful, but Sergio made me feel quite welcome.

Visited January 2012