We stayed at the La Copa Inn from July 8-13, having found a good deal on the internet. Given the wide range of reviews and ratings, I had no idea what to expect, but I can tell you the complaints were few and far between.
Our room was 321, and it was nicely sized for the three of us, with a sitting area and two queen beds. The room was clean (or as clean as a beachfront hotel normally is) and the AC worked just fine. The ceiling fan helps out as the room is pretty big, so air circulation is a must. The beds were comfortable. I think the only issue with the room would be the shower was a little hit or miss on the pressure, but I expected as much from other beach hotels. For the money, the room was a good value.
The breakfast was really good. For an added bonus to your room, you can’t beat it. Waffles, eggs, omelets, refried beans, salsa, cereals, muffins, bagels, juices, milk, coffee…I just don’t see where the complaints are coming from related to the breakfast. I will give you one tip. Get there before 9AM to beat the crowd.
We did not use the pool, but they have a pool, and a walk up bar/food counter with pretty much anything you want. We were too busy to use them, but the adults get a card for a free drink each day. Another great perk.
They are truly beachfront and access was perfect. We brought down our canopy and chairs each day, set up and we were good to go. It’s also convenient to any of the activities, restaurants, or shopping you are looking for, although most of the hotels are also, to be fair.
The hallways in the hotel are not air conditioned, so they do get a little hot and humid, and the elevators can be slow and hot. Also, sometimes you can have difficulty parking, depending on the time of day. Outside of those minimal inconveniences, this is a great option for an affordable beachfront hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again, as they exceeded my expectations in almost every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas. Our beachside hotel across from Queen Isabella Causeway offers an affordable vacation experience in South Padre Island, with five-star resort amenities. We have Spacious Hotel Rooms all with balconies and most with ocean view. All of our rooms feature Tempur-Pedic(R) mattresses, HD Flat Screen TV with premium cable channels, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and iron board, hair dryer and in-room safe. Other conveniences include complimentary High-speed Internet access and local calls. We have guest rooms for every taste, from standard king or queen beds to our three-room family suite. All rooms are nonsmoking. Our hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a sundeck with a spa tub, chaise lounges, gazebos, and a walkway to the beach. For your convenience we have complementary Wi-Fi High Speed Internet access available through the entire hotel. A staffed activities desk to assist in planning excursions, coordinate sports-equipment rentals, and sell discounted tickets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your La Copa Inn Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Padre Island
- Best Western La Copa Hotel
- South Padre Island La Copa Inn
- La Copa Inn Beachfront Resort