“Don't lie to me”

Tom & Jerry's Beach Club Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Mexican, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 1977, TJ's has been a Rio Grande Valley Original. Expanding to the island in 1996, Tom & Jerry's has become a favorite of locals and island visitors alike. Its a place to go if your looking for a casual, fun & friendly atmosphere. We offer several big screen TV's for your viewing pleasure, and offer all the sports packages available. We also have BUZZTIME NTN Trivia that is offered free to our guests. Get in on the fun and excitement of playing NTN with other guests throughout the restaurant as well as the nation. A good time is always available and waiting for you at Tom & Jerry's Beach Club Bar & Grill. We are the "Home of the Indoor Beach Party!" The most fun you'll have off the beach. We offer a wide variety of menu selections ranging from burgers and sandwiches, salads, BBQ, seafood and steaks grilled to perfection. We offer daily specials for both food and drinks. Join our Lunch at the Rail Club and earn free food. Tom & Jerry's is family friendly. We are able to accommodate large groups. We are a non-smoking facility. Tom & Jerry's looks forward to serving you.
Toronto, Canada
“Don't lie to me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

We were looking for a place to eat on Christmas Day. Half the restaurants were closed, but tourists still need food. First we tried Dorado's. To their credit, the greeter told us that they were packed and understaffed and it would be at least an hour before we got food. We thanked him, left and went to Tom and Jerry's.

I told the greeter about this experience and asked her their status. She assured me that they were fine. Okay, seat us. Well, the main room is hopeless. The bar occupies most of it and smoking is allowed there. The non-smoking area is the U-shaped part around the bar. What a joke.

But there are other areas through some doors. I think they open up to the outside on nice days. They were reasonably smoke-free. Fine. We ordered a simple hamburger and a bison burger. And waited. And waited. It took just under an hour for the food to arrive. Both burgers had fries, which are billed add-ons that we didn't order. But we were hungry and the waiter had taken off. The burgers were okay, but nothing special and not worth the price. They were quite warm but not piping hot. The fries were lukewarm. A guest at the next table sent back her chicken wings because they were cold.

After giving up waiting to see the waiter again to get the bill, we got up and went to the door. Now he magically appeared and apologized for the poor service as they were short-staffed.

I wish we'd stayed at Dorado's. We would have received the food by the same time, the atmosphere and ambience were much better and, hey, they were honest.

1 Thank Lucky_Eddie

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good atmosphere, great place for familys to eat at! The people are fun and the burgers kick butt!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Texas
“Great Food!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2007

I had never been to South Padre Island so I was unsure about where to eat. The 1st night we were there we tried out Amberjacks, but if i were to know about Tom & Jerry's that would have definately been my first choice. Great Food, Great Service, and low prices. It is definately home to the indoor beach party for really anybody!! Great environment and a lot of fun!

4 Thank cm12
Austin, TX
“How do you mess up Iced Tea?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2007

The Iced Tea was WAY watered down, and something tasted just not right with it.

Had the chicken fried chicken, and it was okay - just flash fried, and very hot. Fries were bland. Beans were spicy.

Wife had the Bison Burger - her review was 'okay' as well.

2 Thank Tarasso
Conroe, Texas
“A great sports bar feel with even better food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

As sports bar type restaurants go, this one is way above average and is some place that is a great place for family, friends and pretty much anyone. I have eaten here twice, which is saying something for SPI where I think the eating is lacking, but I feel that is changing after this last time we were there. In addition, I would eat here again.

To be honest, I love this place for what it is; normal eating, tv's, fun around you, etc. The service may not blow you away and the ambiance is not great as you either see a tv, the bar or the street, but it is clean and kept up great and the staff are clean and fun.

The food is typical american restaurant cuisine and I just mean it has sandwiches, nachos, salads, and the usual entrees. Nothing maybe special, the taste is more than adequate and the prices are very reasonable.

If you were looking for something for lunch or a relaxed dinner (this shouldn't mean sacrificing taste or quality) go here and I think you will be happy.

2 Thank donut44