We have eaten there every year for the past four years. Quality of food and service has declined rapidly for the past two years. We were very disappointed last year. This year my son in law got severe food poisoning from fried clams or oysters he ate there on 6/19/09. We ended up in the ER in Brownsville on 6/21 after he had spent all of 6/20 vomiting violently. We will NEVER go back to Blackbeards.
I will say in 2006 and 2007, I would have highly recommended this restaurant. I'm not sure if they changed cooks or what, but it is an entirely different level of quality now.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.