“Food Poisoning on 6/19/09”

Blackbeard's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We have eaten there every year for the past four years. Quality of food and service has declined rapidly for the past two years. We were very disappointed last year. This year my son in law got severe food poisoning from fried clams or oysters he ate there on 6/19/09. We ended up in the ER in Brownsville on 6/21 after he had spent all of 6/20 vomiting violently. We will NEVER go back to Blackbeards.
I will say in 2006 and 2007, I would have highly recommended this restaurant. I'm not sure if they changed cooks or what, but it is an entirely different level of quality now.

There are newer reviews for Blackbeard's Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2009

This place is a must when visiting South Padre Island :) great food, great atmosphere, I highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 24, 2009

Food was great and during our trip we did eat their four times lunch,dinner great lunch specials had the pan broil flouner,then another day had the blacken flounder also had the stuff crab shrimp and the crab cakes. Their is nothing that I can say bad about this place service was good and always refilled drinks with out having to ask.

Reviewed June 1, 2009

The food was excellent. i try the fried shrimp. It had 9 jumbo shrimp, I asked fro rice and cole slaw. It was delicious! Huge cole slaw and my plate also had the biggest onion ring ever. My kids try the amrican hamburger and chicken strips they didn't complain so it was very good. The desserts were also great, we try the chocolate cake and brownie with ice cream. The chocolate cake was ok but the brownie was really good.

Reviewed May 31, 2009

Great food all the way around! We ate at Blackbeard's twice (one for lunch, another for dinner). The seared tuna on the appetizer menu is exceptional! Daily specials are not to be missed. Overall a great experience, good service and value meals on the island. Worth a repeat!

1  Thank LisaPuraVida