“Very convenient, great happy hour prices, good variety!”

Blackbeard's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ILLINOIS
“Very convenient, great happy hour prices, good variety!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited Blackbeards restaurant for dinner. We went early to take advantage of the happy hour drink specials. Happy hour is from 4 PM to 6 PM daily. They offer a variety of drinks and a few Various appetizers on the happy hour menu. We Ordered the margaritas on the rocks and thought they were very good, Especially since they were only $3.50 per drink!

Blackbeards is handicap accessible With both both indoor and outdoor seating. There is plenty of Convenient parking at Black beards. Dress code is casual. The hostess and our server were very friendly and efficient.

They offer multiple specials each night in addition to the regular menu which offers many choices. All prices seemed very reasonable and the quantity was very generous.

We ordered the pearl sandwich, Which is a fried oyster poorboy.
The oysters were small but very tasty and there were many oysters on the large hoagie bun. I definitely recommend this sandwich. All sandwiches come with a choice of sides.

If you are looking for a casual dining spot with good food and good prices I recommend you stop into Blackbeards! We enjoyed our visit there and we do plan to return!

South Padre Island, Texas
“Awesome Red Snapper”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Wife and I ate at Blackbeard's on January 22, 2013; our 42nd Wedding Anniversary.
I had the Parmesan Crusted Red Snapper, and my Wife had the Chicken Sandwich. I loved the Red Snapper, best meal I have eaten in about a year. My wife who normally eats about half, or a little over of a sandwich, ate her entire Chicken Sandwich. The meal was simply awesome. The service was great; and we really enjoyed the meal.

• Visited January 2013
“Good food at a good price”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ate here while attending a conference on Padre Island. The food was good with a large selection and "all you can eat" options. There was nothing outstanding about the place, but it's worth eating there. I had the grilled shrimp and it was very tasty. We had a rather large group and they quickly accommodated us. The portions were ample and nobody at our table complained.

Rolla, Missouri
“ridiculously huge portions”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had Chicken friend steak which was pretty good,. ordering from the lunch menu and received enormous servings, two huge chicken fried steak patties with potatoes and gravy. easily enough for two meals in one. Service was good. Waitress was very attentive.

Visited January 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Pretty average”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had relatives come visit us in South Padre Island, and the wanted to go to Blackbeard's because they had fond memories from previous visits. However, we were not very impressed.

While there, we tried blackened shrimp, sauteed shrimp, fried shrimp, and crab stuffed shrimp. The waitress said they were all fresh gulf shrimp, but I found the shrimp at Pier 19 to be fresher at about half the price. Only the blackened shrimp were above average. The fried shrimp were very ordinary, and the crab stuffed shrimp were kind of soggy with very little crab and too much stuffing. Everything there was kind of pricy compared to other options in the vicinity. We also had a crabby waitress. I would give the food 2-3 stars, and the value and service two stars. I wouldn't go there again.