“surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Chinese
South Padre Island, Texas
“surprisingly good”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Just had lunch at this restaurant. Just stopped in without any expectations. Got some soup; crab soup. As an Asian person who has had alot of this type of soup, I would not claim it to be the best crab soup i can recall, but it was surprisingly good. My son had the miso soup which by my tastes was a bit too salty.

We had the fried calamari which I would call competent and hot. Once again not the best that I have had, but pretty good.

Last thing I would mention is that there was only one waitress in the restaurant, and there were probably 6 tables being served. She was unbelievably efficient and fast, and never had drinks go less than half full before she refilled, and had our bill and change returned before I realized it.

Lastly I ordered the combination fried rice, which was probably one of the most expensive fried rice orders at $13 that I have had. It arrived and it was a big order, more than enough for one person. It also had ALOT of meat and shrimp, which explains why it is pricey. It was good with alot of the "wok" taste that you get at good asian restaurants.

Effingham, Illinois
“Ecellent Sushi”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Very fresh sushi and maki rolls. The restaurant is small and lacks in atmosphere but definitely makes it a worth while visit for food quality. Besides sushi they offer a few Chinese dishes as well as Thai coconut curry, and Spicy Korean.The service is very friendly. To Go Menu available.