“Excellent First Skydive on My Birthday!!!”

Skydive South Padre Island
Ranked #7 of 48 Tours in South Padre Island
Type: Skydiving, Tours
Reviewed October 10, 2013

When my friend told me that we were going to South Padre Island for my birthday, we immediately started searching for local attractions. We stumbled across Skydive SPI and jokingly said that we were gonna give it a try. After reading such wonderful reviews and watching videos on line, we decided to reserve a slot for Saturday morning, October 5, 2013 (my 33rd birthday)!

I spoke with Frank about 2-3 weeks prior to our arrival and he was so down-to-earth and friendly. He told me to text him with any questions/concerns. I confirmed our reservation Friday when we arrived at our hotel and we met him Saturday morning. After completing our paper work (about a 10-15 minute process), we waited for the couple before us to complete their jump and met Jess (a fellow skydiver affiliated with Skydive SPI). Frank and Jess both were so friendly and answered all of our questions about our (while MY) fears/apprehensions. Jess actually completed an individual/independent jump with us.

Once Jason and Sparky touched down, it was a matter of minutes before we were all headed back to Brownsville Airport to get suited for our dive and complete a "dry-run" on land of our actual dive in the sky. We boarded the plane and watched the beautiful scenery from the aircraft. As the we were closer to island, my heart was pounding and I was wondering what I'd gotten myself into.

When the plane door opened, Jason and I jumped first. During the free fall, I felt weightless...it was a little scary but more than anything exciting!! The parachute descend was my most favorite part because I was able to soak up the gorgeous scenery...varying shades of glistening green water on either side of a narrow strip of land. Breath-taking to say the least. We landed perfectly on our feet. My friend said that his most favorite part was the free fall. We both plan to skydive again...in SPI and other places.

Frank, Jason, and Sparky were all so very friendly and professional!!

SPECIAL NOTES:

-You really should purchase the video and pictures so that you can remember and relive the experience of a lifetime! The footage comes on a flash drive with a colorful lanyard with the company name.

-Frank can store your personal belongings for you during your jump.

-Clayton's Bar & Grill serves food and drinks, has restroom facilities, and beach access.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our birthday with a bang!!! The experience was beyond words and the folks with Skydive South Padre Island could not have been better. Frank, Sparky and Jason from beginning to end were great. We were both first timers and a little apprehensive to say the least! They were very informative about what to expect and gave great instructions. The Pilot was exceptional and the jump was out of this world. If you haven't tried it all I can say is "What are you waiting for!"

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took my entire family to South Padre and we all jumped! Frank, Sparky and Jason were great! They made all of us feel very comfortable as they were very professional in their approach in dealing with a bunch of first time jumpers! The view was unbelievable!!! If you are considering skydiving, this is definitely the place to go and the people to jump with! And definitely get the video! Well worth it!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The best experience of my life! Great people made me feel so comfortable! Get the video you wont regret it. That rush was amazing!!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had an amazing time! The staff are friendly, and fun. I recommend paying extra for the video. It's made really well, and way worth it. I got to relive the experience in front of a whole restaurant when Frank put the video up on a screen at Tom and Jerry's. The whole experience was way cool. Best scenery you will ever see. Thanks Jason for taking me on a wild ride!