“Fun for younger kids”

Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
Albuquerque, NM
“Fun for younger kids”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We chose to visit this resort before taking our seven and ten year old kids to the Schlitterbahn water park in New Braunfels; as a previous review stated that this resort was good for younger kids. Our kids had a lot of fun and loved the rapid river (as opposed to lazy river) as it made waves and pushed you through the river. Our seven year old girl was frighten by some of the slides and this told us that we made a good decision coming here and not New Braunfels. It was great having a water park and a beach in one location. Service was extremely slow at the breakfast grill and I can't recommend eating there. It's quicker to driver to a Whataburger and pick up breakfast for the family. My son was bit by a man-of-war "jellyfish" while swimming at the beach and he was terrified. Good thing it was minor and he was ok after treatment at the first aid station. The attached water park was big enough to spend the day but had long lines for most of their slides. Overall a great way to spend a few days during the summer.

Room Tip: We had a partial Ocean View room and the view was through a con joining building; not worth the addi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review about our Hotel! My apologies for the longer service at the Seaside Grille, we do cook everything fresh to order so this may have been the cause. The Torrent River at the indoor portion of the Waterpark is one of my favorite elements as well. We look forward to having back with us on your next vacation to South Padre Island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Taft, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort. Check-in is not until 4 but our room was ready so we were able to check in early. Sara checked us in and she was great at answering all my questions. We enjoyed our beach view while we rested and ate lunch in our room. The park provided lots of fun for us. We can't wait to go back next summer. When we do we will be staying at the resort.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mas1210
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. We do allow early check-ins if your rooms is ready, however if it is not ready early we will give you your Waterpark wrist bands so you can start playing in the Waterpark until your room is ready. We look forward to having you stay with us next summer, but don't forget if you need a weekend getaway during the fall or winter our Indoor park is heated as well.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I absolutely loved this resort. Everyone was nice and attentive. Always asking if I needed anything. The room was super clean, and the bed was soft and comfy. Larger than normal fridge, which made it easy to put more food in it to save money. Check out sea trek at the Schlitterbahn park, You get to swim with stingrays and a lot of different fish. Great view of the wave pool. Plan on booking a week long vacation next year at this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our Hotel! I love SeaTrek myself, and when you come back don't forget about the BoogieBahn lessons in the morning as well. We look forward to having you and your family back with us again next year.
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel. Beds are super comfy. Rooms are roomy and modern. There was free wifi, which is always great. There was no free breakfast, not even continental. I had a beachfront room, but I had no balcony to enjoy my beachfront view. It's nice, but not worth the price paid.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the room amenities. Although we do not offer balconies with our rooms, the Beach front rooms and suites do have a tremendous view of the Gulf of Mexico. Especially being that our beachfront rooms are some of the closest to the water of any Hotel on South Padre Island.
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the ultimate water park and SPI beach package! If you're thinking of staying at SPI and going to Schlitterbahn this is the way to go. 1.) The value is excellent. You pay what you would pay for a 1-2 star hotel (summer season) and yet get 3-3+ star accommodations, get discounted park tickets and get extra park days. 2.) The convenience made it a true non working vacation. You are able to retreat to your room as needed, everyone in your party has armbands that open your hotel room, there are several shops & restaurants in the facility that all allowed me to my room. There was a shuttle that took you to the main schlitterbahn park (next door). 3.) You had full beach access: To enjoy relaxing under an umbrella, create crazy sand castles, great boogie boarding, or for the more adventurous there are banana boats and paragliding. 4.) The new covered park itself is a
thrill!!! There's a rapid river, multi-story slides, a huge dry climb & play area, wading pool & slide for the little ones, and a nice carousel. And yes if your kids are older and you have the luxury of sitting and relaxing, you can enjoy cold delightful drinks from many booths & bars.

3 Thank gotta-have-f4ith
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am glad that you had such a great time at our Hotel, it does sound like you got the "Total experience". We also just opened our tunnel that connects the indoor and outdoor parks together so our guests have the freedom of going back and forth with out having to wait for a shuttle. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Resort!
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you have stayed at a resort and are expecting one, DO NOT COME HERE! This place has the worst service I have ever seen or experienced. The staff didn't know half of the information they were supposed to and were COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL! Their check in and out system was remedial at best and my 7 year old even started to complain about them. Now, she has stayed at nice resorts but that shouldn't matter to a 7 year old. She said the people were rude and never helped her when she asked them. The food was the only good thing about this entire place so if your wanting a resort feel GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! if your happy with cheap motel service and attitude then come here and waste your money. It's not worth it.

2 Thank mjmom1222
Rene V, Manager at Schlitterbahn Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I appreciate your comments and will share with my staff. I apologize for you not receiving the great customer service that we are known for delivering to our guests. Our check-in process is slightly longer than normal, but its due to the fact that we try to give our guests information about the indoor and outdoor Waterparks, operating hours and "Exclusive Ride Times" for resort guests.
Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked this resort for 2 nights over the telephone. The representative said my total price included 2 adults and a child with the waterpark admission included. I received an email confirming my reaervation stating so. When I arrived to check in, the front desk wanted to charge me double. Supposedly, the rep on the phone gave me the price for one adult and not 2. My email read 2 adults. After the front desk consulted their supervisor, the original price I was given was honored. This resort is overpriced. The woodwork throughout the resort is beautiful. The elevator took forever to go up and down. The room was spacious enough except for the restroom. Restroom was extremely small. I am petite and even I had a hard time fitting and changing in the restroom. At check out I was charged $4 for a bottle water in the room that I never touched. The front desk didn't want to deal with me for $4 so they credited me the amount back. Waterpark is nice. Will visit the waterpark again but will not be staying at the resort!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our Hotel. I apologize for the confusion on the rate when you booked, and I am glad to hear that the Front Desk agent honored the rate given to you on your confirmation. I appreciate your comments and will share with my staff.