“Great place to eat and watch the sun set into the water.”
Review of La Hacienda - CLOSED

La Hacienda
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food was really great Mexican food - the best we have ever had. I had the taco salad with chicken (superb). My husband had the seafood tacos made with scallops (excellent). We sat outdoors which I recommend and watched the sunset into the bay. The service was good and the staff friendly. The prices are right also.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family of 5 adults and one baby selected this restaurant simply because we wanted to eat on the bay side and we really liked it. Even though it was prime dinner hour, we were quickly seated with a choice of indoor or outdoor. We chose outdoor and were so glad! The breeze was cooling, the sunset was beautiful and the table was right at the water's edge. We all thought our meals were average but not much different from other typical Texas Mexican restaurants. Our margaritas were good, the beer cold, and the tableside prepared guacamole was delicious. We had 3 appetizers, 5 entrees, 4 alcoholic beverages, and the tab was less than $140 which we thought was reasonable considering the resort location. And, the atmosphere......wish I could be there now!

1  Thank seaski42
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place was not family friendly, the service was horrible, a family came in after us, saw the menu and left. We should have done the same!

Kids meals do not include drinks, so you will pay $8 w drink for your kids, they have no tacos, if you kids are picky eaters, from one parent to another, SKIP THIS PLACE! It is not family friendly!

The food was ok, but way over priced, be prepared to spend $20 a person at least, just for the meal. I Waiter kept trying to upswell us on everything, I asked if they had a plate w fajitas and enchiladas and he recommends the $25 steak, highly recommends it, I search the menu and there was a fajita enchilada plate, the waiter never mentioned it! I'd never go here again with my family, however..... I will say that the dining view is absolutely beautiful, and the place is very clean and fancy, I would recommend this place for its sync view and drinks! If its just a couple of adults, looking for a nice quite pace with great view, try this place!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was my wife's birthday and it was supposed to be memorable night it ended up being HORRIBLE night. We were seated and we had to flag down a waiter 30 mins later to take our drink order. We finally got chips and salsa an hour and half into our meal. The orders them selves took 2 hours to arrive. I spoke with management and they seemed like he could care less. Waiter didn't even apologize for the bad service. Then to top it off we had to literally write Down on a piece of paper our orders because our check was all screwed up. The location and place are beautiful but was over casted by the bad service. NEVER AGAIN

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Sorry to bust the bubble - we have lived on the island for10 yrs now and have been here 4 times and every time the service has been disasterous. Tonite was a group of six all locals. Five main dishes arrive and then 10 mins later the 6th dish arrives only after complaining about the delay to the server. Forgotten drinks, request for extra condements unanswered. The bus girl gave us better service than the server! Great location, cool view of the fireworks, nice facility but come on you can't train the wait staff. Maybe you need a floor manager (if you got one your paying them too much)

1  Thank SPI GUY l