“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went here yesterday after not being able to find anywhere else open at 10pm or without a long wait. But we were glad we walked in. Great service with a smile from everyone and we were able to sit outside as we requested. It was very peaceful outside, even with the music coming from Louies Backyard. Enjoyed the food, and couldnt complain about the mango margarita. The wait for the food was not long at all. Chips and salsa are served to you, so maybe that helps it not seem like such a long time. The prices were on the higher side, but definitely worth it for the service and the food was very fresh. Will definitely return.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great food and service! The restaurant was hosting a wedding the night we went, but the squeezed us in and it was great!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The restaurant has a great view of the ocean. I thought we would have to endure the windy conditions outside to enjoy the great view but that was not the case. The restaurant was clean and employees friendly. Although the salsa was a bit spicy for me, the chips were addictive.

My husband & I ordered the seafood enchiladas & pomegranate margaritas. My son ordered chicken fajita nachos. I thought our enchiladas would have real lump crab meat but instead it was topped with imitation crab meat. I was really disappointed. The margarita was excellent.

If we were to return to SPI, I would not go back to La Hacienda as it's a little pricey for what you get.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was bad. Some in our group thought it tasted like chemicals, maybe dishwasher detergent. It took 2.5 hours to get through dinner. 45 minutes just to get our first drinks. Maybe we had terrible service because we had a group, and the gratuity was automatically included. We will never go back. If you go, don't go with a group, and stick with tex-mex dishes. The fish and veggies in particular were bad.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Loved it! Outside seating right on the bay, delicious meal, great waiter, beautiful restaurant. Spotless bathrooms. Great atmosphere. Restaurant located in prime spot for the summer fireworks.