“Beautiful bay sunset view and excellent Mexican dinner”
Review of La Hacienda - CLOSED

La Hacienda
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ventured to this fairly new restaurant after deciding we wanted to go somewhere with a nice view and we were not disappointed!! They have a beautiful floating deck for outdoor seating however we decided to sit inside right by the huge windows that overlook the bay with a nice view of the bridge. The table side guacamole was fresh and very tasty which went along great with the thick crunchy homemade chips. I ordered the blackened fish tacos which came with white rice and grilled veggies. My husband had the Monterrey plate which consisted of a beef fajita taco, cheese enchilada, beef fajita enchilada and rice and beans. Both dishes were delicious! We capped it all off with tres leches cake which could have been more moist but was still pretty tasty. Overall this place was a great new addition to our usual restaurants we have been going to over the years in South Padre and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is THE place to watch the sunset, have a meal and drinks. David was our waiter and was quite the character. He was funny, attentive, and just good people. I had the fish tacos and my husband had a combo plate. The margaritas were a little watery, but everything else was spectacular. The sunset was gorgeous! We highly recommend La Hacienda.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

loved this restaurant . we sat outside and watched the fish jumping while we ate . the service was really good . this is the best mexican food i have had on the island . maybe best in south texas! have the fajitas and the enchiladas they are great . i am craving the chicken tortilwould go back !

1  Thank melissa c
Reviewed May 7, 2013

With an unobstructed view over the lagoon, this restaurant offers you a lovely place to enjoy the sunset in a classy environment. Their small deck has tables and a small attached floating deck has seating for enjoying drinks and appetizers. We made a reservation to eat outside and were seated at a table for 4 on what felt like our own private deck. Food and service were quite good, but the real star of the evening was the beautiful western sky, clouds and sunset.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife had the chile rellenos which were good but my black Angus fajitas were exceptional. The restaurant looked new or maybe just renovated or under new management It has a great view looking out to the causeway bridge near Port Isabel.