“Horrible Experience”

Island Inn
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2004

My family and I stayed at the Econolodge July 19th through the 23rd. It was without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel/motel. We had two rooms, both were filthy. One room smelled awful. I cannot put into words how nasty the bathrooms were. We were told no other rooms were available. Our keys never worked. They repaved the parking lot while we were there, so there was no available parking one evening. When we did speak with the owner, he was incredibly rude. He threw up his hands and walked away from us in mid sentence. South Padre Island is wonderful. The Econolodge is disgusting. All this for $780.00.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 18, 2004

If you are coming to south Padre for a good vacation...PLEASE DONT STAY HERE IN ECONO LODGE!!!!!!its a total mess...none of the rooms are what you think they are and they have horrible service...They dont care and the rooms are dirty....PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO,DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL...

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Reviewed July 12, 2004

We checked in July 5, 2004, and we had to wait around 2 hours AFTER our check-in time-our room wasn't ready. Then we got to room and there was only 3 towels between the 4 of us! I went to check a towel out at the check-in desk and I was told we were only allowed 3 towels and when I dirtied one up to bring it back and get it exchanged. (There is a sign behind the desk saying you can check-out extra towels)!
Our last day there our room NEVER got cleaned and we were out of it all day-I was told they were short of maids-no excuse I don't think! We will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!! Everyday there, we had to go get our keys magnetized again, because they kept getting demagnetized and we couldn't get into our room!!!!!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2003

We stayed in July. The room looked nothing like the picture on the website and did not have most of the amenities mentioned. We did not have a hair dryer or alarm clock as mentioned. The blankets were dirty, the pictures had splatters and and a bad paint job showed white paint over biege. It was a small room - the picture made it look big. They had a hot tub - with no heat! A continental breakfast was served until 9:00. We went at 8:30 to find nothing to eat and very little juice left. All this for a price over $100 a night!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2003

This was the worst treatment I have ever experienced. These people clearly do not want the business of spring breakers, or anyone else for that matter. Trust me, if you can stay ANYWHERE else, do it. If you can't...just don't go to SPI. Spend your money elsewhere. The owner had several spring breakers arrested for little more than having people in their rooms. My entire vacation (which I had planned for a year) was RUINED by these people. I spent last spring break in SPI, and had the time of my life, most certainly because I was not staying at the EconoLodge. I hope that this advice is taken and future travelers don't make the same mistake that I did.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member