“Stayed here for a family trip”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
Little Elm, Texas, United States
“Stayed here for a family trip”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The front staff was nice but the maids on the other hand were not friendly at all. I asked for some paper towels and they looked at me like I was dumb and went and got them for me. Also, the breakfast is only powdered donuts and coffee. I guess I should have checked into that before I picked this hotel. The worst thing that we saw one morning was that the lady was cleaning the inside of the coffee urn with Comet!!! We were a little freaked out because its a chemical and lets say we didn't drink any more coffee from this place anymore. The rooms were nice for a beach hotel and for the price. I probably wont stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank amandalynne1213

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rio Grande City, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Me n my family stayed in this inn..The person in front was nice and thoughtful..they let us stay in a room that was clean n towels that we recieved were unstained..The room was well compressed..We surely enjoyed our stay..Besides, the park was right behind it..THE POOL WAS GREAT!!.. i surely recommend this inn for any family that plans to stay over night at SPI..Its nice and cozy..And O so Cheap..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Vramos956
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Staff professional, rooms clean ,Bathroom alittle small . I would recomend this hotel to anyone on a budget!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank lazylake
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed November 19, 2009

poor service, shoddy room, noisy, total lack of professionalism.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luv2travelamerica

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Austin
Reviewed April 23, 2008

i read the reviews, but went there anyway. My impression was that it might be not luxerious, but it was not dirty at all!!! Also the people at the check in were absolutely friendly and helpful!!
I was very satisfied.

Stayed April 2008
3 Thank adventureseeker08
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2007

Second time staying here,will not stay here again! 5am.left my room to let the front desk know that the people staying next door in room #237 are in the hallway,drunk,making a lot of noise,and woke me up at 4:30am.Leo Santos was working the front desk,all he wanted to do was argue with me instead of taking care of the loud party next door.Amanda was nice and said,"Sorry," for the disturbance.This was too late,I was checking out.Went to another place to stay and turned a negative situation into a very enjoyable vacation.David and Connie are the managers,I did not see them or talk to them once.I requested room #200,someone was already in this room.I then requested a room all the way on the other side of the building for a quiet stay. It would have been quiet if the hotel front desk person would have located the party in the middle of the property instead of next door to me.The property only had about four rooms occupied on a Saturday night.I will not stay here again because of Leo Santos attitude and no management on duty.Mike is the owner.I would suggest staying at another property on the beach where you can here the ocean instead of rowdy neighbors.Juice machine was serving water instead of juice.No breakfast available.Pay an extra $15 dollars to stay somewhere else.I was able to upgrade to another property,ocean view,hearing the ocean waves from my room,breakfast,happy hour snacks,great location,quiet,for only $75 dollars per night.Class of people staying at another resort were more friendly,staff professional,and manager was on duty when needed.Huge contrast between properties.Do not settle for less with this Inn.
You deserve better and can find a much better experience on South Padre Island than this place.

• Liked — Checking out and leaving!
  • Disliked — Noise,location,Leo Santos,No Breakfast,Could not see or hear the ocean.No management.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Aloha64
houston
Reviewed September 9, 2006

This hotel is HORRIBLE!! Dirty walls (especially in the bathrooms), carpet was so very dirty we had to use our shoes the whole time. Towels were not clean (hair and stains left on them). We reluctently stayed but we do not recommend this place to anyone!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP!!! Service was horrible, the guy at the front desk could care less about the kind of service he offers to his customers. RUDE would be a good word to use too. We still had a good time at SPI but we will never return to this dirty place. We love SPI and will return and definitely stay somewhere else.

Stayed September 2006