La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach
Super 8 South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$80
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$137
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$177
$162
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$112
$95
ComfortSuites
$114
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$187
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$229
$206
Official Hotel
$85
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Pool
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
Travelocity
1,391 results
All reviewsbar next doorwafflestortillasmade to order omeletscomplimentary breakfastbar grillpool areasmall balconynorth sideomelet stationocean viewbirding centerspring breakconvention centerfourth floorhot tubtile floors
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Wife was having a meeting in town. . We only live a few miles from Island so what the heck. . Make a weekend out of it.
Spend a few more hundreds. .. we usually won't but what the heck.
Went for the best. .. MISTAKE#1

1-You have to hike to lobby
2-Lobby was warm
(Mgmt says it's just been remodeled)
3- 3rd floor balcony doorknob
frozen (it's normal rust and understood) we couldn't get to outdoors. Some guy came by and plays with knob for 15 minutes. Wife tells him out needs wd40. Never acknowledged. . Leaves... never comes back. EACH TIME kids go outdoors u have to go to door to fight with it.

4- elevator stops mid floors. .. finally opens after a few minutes. Used stairs to go back down stairs. Some older woman gets caught between floors. Mgmt claims only about eight minutes. 8 minutes to get her out. . Her was longer in there up to the point they were notified. When she was out she was distraught. ..I was by back door. .I saw her!

5- NEVER BOOK ON WEEKEND
Claytons... a nice bar next door is LOUD ... later that night it died down which was nice.

6- THE PROJECT POOL
After the bar shut down the pool went on till about after 2 with no supervision. . No security to shut it down at a proper hour.
Kids yelling. . Screaming. .ughhhhh
NO SLEEP!

M GMNT DROPPED my bill by 30%. I still pay about $225 for a night of. ...well. .. I'll be nice.
I know mgmt is going to rebuttal my comments and I hope they do. I stand by what I stated. This isn't our 1st stay at a fancy place. SPI LA QUINTA.. contact La Galleria La Quinta- Houston and follow their lead and learn. A beautiful suite for $120 or so.. I know location. . location. . location
Your room is not worth no $320.

We didn't even pay $330 + tax in Hawaii in February... why was price up from 220 from this Friday compared to last Friday? 6/13 vs 6/20.

RATE THIS AT 2☆☆

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank jay b
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Jay,

We are sad you thought your stay was unsatisfactorily. We apologize about the unfortunate issues that occurred during your stay with us. We are working on each issue to make sure it doesn't happen again. We do value guest opinions and will look into these matters. Thank you for choosing us and writing your review. We hope you at least consider us the next time you visit South Padre Island.

Aaron R

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We arrived on 6/14/14 we were given a parking slip, but later found out their employees were not required to in their allotted area but could use HC spaces w/o proper tags. The front 40 spaces are not for their customers but you can find the cleaning crew, maintenance people, front desk and managers. Asked them about this and nothing was changed. I know this may sound trivial, but when you come in after 10:00pm, expect to park way out in their lot.

Room Tip: You may need to remind them each time they clean your room, if you have move than 2 people they need to leave more towels, wash clothes, and hand towels. They are a bit on the stingy side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dalene H
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for writing your review, we share our guests' comments with our staff on a regular basis. We are so sorry we didn't provide you with the best hotel experience, that is always our goal as a group. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again, so we can leave a better impression with you next time!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel was just off the beach and everything was great. Great breakfast buffet and everyone was so helpful. Unfortunately had to leave early because my asthma took over. We were given a $25 credit toward our bill because we left at 6 pm instead of spending the night there. I was a little disappointed with the credit but understood.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank cdrncrk

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience regarding your stay with us. We have enjoyed reading your review. We are delighted you have generally enjoyed your stay with us until you had to leave. It was a pleasure and honor having you and we hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Large teenage church camp stayed here the week we were here. Many, many calls to front desk regarding the following: slamming doors at 1am, running up & down hall at 1, 2, 3am, screaming in rooms & hall at 1, 2, 3am. Guess what the answer front hotel staff was??? We'll talk to their leader & tell them. I wasn't sure what to do.... I continually let the staff know of the problem & the level of concern was very minimal. There were other families staying on property that shared our same concerns, so we banded together to write as many reviews on as many sites as possible to warn other families that this property allows camps on site that include unsupervised teens.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank TravelingMomma30
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Greeting,

We deeply apologize about the issues you had staying with us. We take each concern very seriously and will monitor the hallways during the times you mentioned to keep the noise at a minimal level. We hope this didn't soil your experience and would feel honored if you gave us another chance to prove ourselves.

Aaron R.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have never written a review, but felt compelled to after my stay at this hotel. My family stayed at this hotel June 8-11 and chose it mainly because of its beachfront location and free breakfast. The free breakfast is good and the omelet bar is excellent. We really enjoyed it each morning especially the yummy omelets. The location is great because its directly on the beach, sunset walks on the beach are beautiful. BUT when we arrived on Sunday, Clayton's Bar, which is next door, had very loud music and very crowded. I was told this is the new "hotspot" to party on the Island. If you're looking for quiet, then don't stay here on the weekend because the music is loud. But Monday through Wednesday, Clayton's Bar was quiet and I enjoyed my stay. The hotel itself is average at best. The free breakfast/omelet bar and beach front access was the selling point to me. The worst part our stay...... I probably won't stay there again because the front desk person Ricardo woke us up at almost midnight to move our car!! Ricardo said that our car was double parked and we needed to move it. So I wake my husband up, he goes down there and says the reason that he and 10 other cars double parked was because a one ton dually truck double parked, because the spaces were so narrow and that caused a domino effect for 10 other cars to park the same way. He then counted 20 other empty parking spaces available for somebody to park! So he complains to this young guy Ricardo and Ricardo doesn't care, he says nobody should double park. My husband says then why is there a truck parked on the redzone-no parking truck? That truck should be moved to? Anyway this young guy was a jerk and didn't apologize and it turns out that the truck in the red zone was his personal vehicle! He woke up about 5 other guests at the hotel around midnight for the same reason. All the guests were furious!

In the morning, my husband complained to the front desk girl, and she apologized for Ricardo and gave us credit on the hotel and some vochers. She really made an effort to rectify the issue. And said that Ricardo should have called all the guests at a decent time, NOT almost at midnight! So be warned, if you stay at this hotel, you might be woken up by Ricardo at midnight to move your vehicle, even if there are other parking spaces available!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Rosie G
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello Rosie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay earlier this June. We sincerely apologize for Richard’s unreasonable actions. I will notify the proper management and make sure they hear about this. Other than that inconvenience, we’re happy you enjoyed our breakfast and location. Please give us another shot the next time and allow us to prove ourselves.