“Worth another visit”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
San antonio
“Worth another visit”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had reservations for august 11th for two new nights. But decided at the last minute to arrive at 2:30 am of August 11th. When I met the front desk, he said nothin was available. Explained my situation and he seemed to not even care or offer anything. He was rude and totally unprofessional. I've stayes at hotels before and never experienced this kind of bad hospitality. Not what you would expect from a large chain hotel. Last word from him was that if I could not find any other hotel to "let him know". So I drove 30miles back to mainland for a few hours stay. Other than the front desk personal needing training to be professional and courteous, it was a good hotel....Ps. Management Feel free to contact me.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Its an excellent hotel, great beach location, great breakfast, the only thing is that it needs an urgent big size pool, right now it is so little for the amount of people it receives.
Besides of this I would be back again, for sure..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Location was perfect, great variety and good breakfast. Rooms were clean and nice. Liked the fact that you could just go out back and be at the beach, watch the fireworks and go right next door to Clayton's beach bar and grill. Would definitely satay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I love the coast and we loved the location of this property.

Walk right of the back door and BAM! You're on the beach. Sitting out on the beach decks made me wish I could stay forever.

Remember - this is a tourist property thus they are very busy during the summer months.

But As busy as they were, I slept wonderfully because the rooms were pretty quiet.

The breakfast was good and is included in your rate so enjoy and eat as much as you like.

La Quinta South Pradre Island I'll be back...hungry for more.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I should have known better, considering that I normally do not stay at La Quinta’s. We were there for our annual family vacay and this seemed to be one of the few hotels on the island that accommodated more than 4ppl to a room. This hotel seems like it was nice at one point, but it’s not anymore. If you are not a pet lover, I would not suggest this hotel. The floor we were on smelled musty & of wet pets. It doesn’t make sense to have a 100% smoke free hotel, but have to suffer the smell of a wet dog. It’s bad enough that it already smells damp and moldy. I understand, you’re at the beach what do you expect, but I dined at the hotel next door and trust me they did not have the same smell. There is only one outside shower to rinse off from the beach operating and a long line of ppl. waiting to use it. The pool is extremely small & was the #1 complaint by our kids. They also complained about how the bottom of the pool scraped them up and got cut. The wait staff at the beach club was mostly absent. It took about 30 -45mins to receive our food (appetizers) & drinks. There are no barbecue pits on the premises and they do not allow you to bring outside food to eat by the pool. When I called and asked if we could barbecue on the beach they told us NO we would have to go a mile down the beach. When we arrived, we asked the county & city beach patrollers. They each told us we could as long as it was 200 ft from the bldg. The rooms & restrooms were clean & alright. They can use an update, but were doable. Cleaning staff was very friendly & accommodating. There are 2 Elevators and they run extremly slow. One was out during our stay, not good. They also only allow 1 parking pass per room rented. All other cars need to park across the street in an empty lot. The PRO's would have to be the huge beach bar & grill next door. We could listen to the live bands play music from the pool & beach. Breakfast at La Quinta, they serve 2 different styles of eggs, refried beans, tortillas, waffles and then the rest is your typical breakfast food. If you are an early riser I would suggest you get in early, long lines started around 8:30-9AM. You can catch the WAVE (the bus) for free across the street. I would only suggest this hotel for a 1-2 night stay during low season. We rented 2 rooms and for the price we paid, quality & service of this hotel, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the left hand side of the hotel. Its away from the bar & grill. You w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TXtravelerHouston
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, right on the water! Has it's own outdoor bar & grill that overlooks the water. Very friendly staff!! The free breakfast is nice and kept up. Will definitely stay again! We had a blast just staying at our hotel, didn't need to go anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Susie,

It was truly a pleasure reading your awesome review of your experience at La Quinta on South Padre Island. We are ecstatic you enjoyed the great views, friendly staff, and overall had an amazing stay. Thank you for choosing us to stay with and for sharing your experience. We would love to see you back the next time you’re on the Island.

Bests,