“Great Beach Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
Beatrice, Nebraska
“Great Beach Hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this beach hotel in South Padre. I would definitely recommend it for the beach view and access. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor which was convenient but also busy during the day and noisy at night when guests came in late (after midnight) and were shouting in the halls. Our king room was comfortable and large. Lighting in the sofa area could be improved. The breakfast was the best we had on our two week trip. A lot of variety, "real" scrambled eggs, and the fact that breakfast staff made the waffles for you was a nice addition. Definitely the best part of our stay was the beach view from the back deck of the hotel and also the close access to the ocean just a short distance beyond the deck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear guest,

We really appreciate you writing us a great review of your experience staying with us. Our staff is pleased to know you found them extremely friendly and helpful accommodating you. We are overjoyed you enjoyed yourself taking advantage of our free breakfast, our back deck with a beach view, and your large room. We are honored to have had you as our guests and we are looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Aaron R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a horrible experience and they keep deleting my review off of here. There was a huge roach in my room and the bathroom was covered in hair. The customer service was awful, manager is avoiding me and won't answer my phone calls or emails. The beach club is a rip off, they charge 10 bucks for a 3$ tombstone pizza. The pictures are so old it doesn't look half as good as the pictures. Please trust me, this place will ruin your vacation, there are much nicer places to stay for the same price or cheaper. Contact me for details and disgusting pictures of my experience at this filthy roach infested la quinta. I will NEVER stay at this dump again. I am a La Quinta loyal customer, but this place should be shut down. I can't even begin to explain how bad it was. I am a real person, not a fake employee review of this hotel. I have a receipt from my stay as proof. This place is so disgusting I cannot believe they charge so much. I am a penny pincher I am used to staying at cheaper hotels so I expected a lot from this place, however it was the worst place I've ever stayed in...and I have stayed in motels for 20$ a night. I hope you take my review seriously, I don't want anyone to ruin their vacation by staying here like I did.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, I promise you, you will regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ldanko
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a room facing the Gulf of Mexico with an excellent view. The hotel itself is getting older and has that look and feel. The room had a few maintenance issues but nothing major. The free buffet was excellent and very well maintained each morning.

If you visit during a busy time of the year, you may have some issues with loud music from the bar / grill next door. They have a band that plays outdoors which was pretty loud but quit before bed time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the rear half of the hotel (toward the beach). There is another hotel on the nort...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear guest,

It has been a pleasure reading your kind review of your stay at La Quinta Inn. We are very pleased you had enjoyed our excellent view from your balcony and our free breakfast buffet which contributed to your great stay. Thank you for choosing us and leaving this wonderful review. We look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Bests,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We just returned from the La Quinta Inn in South Padre and could not have been more pleased. I travel often and usually stay at hotels that are more upscale than La Quinta; however, at the last minute, our dog sitter fell through and we had to stay at a hotel that was pet friendly (which I usually do not do either). The hotel was clean and quiet. There was no smell indicating there were animals around. The staff was very helpful and happy. The rooms were suites with little balconies. The entire place had a very friendly and relaxed feel to it. The breakfasts were plentiful and tasty. There are 2 restaurants out the back door (and one right next door in another hotel we walked to). Being right on the beach was also a real plus. There is a little sand shower on the steps coming back into the hotel as well. The front desk even has frozen dinners and snacks available if you want to use the microwave in the room. Overall, we were very delighted with our stay. This is my new favorite hotel on the Texas Coast!

1 Thank Jules M
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review of your experience staying at the La Quinta Inn in South Padre Island. We are very pleased to read that you were fully satisfied with your room, our service, staff, and overall your stay. Thank you for choosing us and making us your new favorite hotel on the Texas Coast. We hope to see you again for another great time in South Padre Island.

Bests,
Pullman
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The location and layout of this hotel are great. The poolside bar has incredible prices (unlike Clayton's next door) and you can lounge on the deck, listening to the music from the bar next door and watch beach volleyball. The rooms are good sized and nice. The pool is a little small and gets crowded in mid-day, but still refreshing.

The staff is sooooo nice and helpful, even if they don't speak English, they know what you want and take care of it. The location is close to the Sea Turtles, Inc. and the Bird/Nature Walk places, which are really interesting and affordable places.

I plan on returning to this hotel, it was a pleasure.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony and view. The elevators are incredibly slow, so a first or second floor r...
1 Thank Tammie H
Dear guest,

You are too kind! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing La Quinta Inn. You have made our day reading a review this review. We are very happy you liked our location, pool area, drink prices, and overall your stay in general. Please come visit us again the next time you’re in South Padre Island.