“Excellent Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Padre South Hotel

Padre South Hotel
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in South Padre Island
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel got a amazing view of the beach from any room in the hotel. I've love staying here and I enjoy the friendly staff and amazing sunrise from my room. It has a wonderful pool and private access to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Berlin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I had a good 2 night stay here. Third floor, kitchenette, queen bed, sofa sleeper. The hotel is old. Some would call it a classic. I do like the 1950 and 1960 styling of this place. Everything was functional. Everything was clean. Did not use the pool or hot tub. But they we in use frequently while we were there. The friendly staff let us check in early. Check out was a breeze too.
If you need fancy, go some where else. I highly recommend this hotel as a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room. The sunrise can be seen from your balcony. The free fireworks too.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rowlett, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Awful, terrible and disgusting is all I have to say about this hotel. Do you really want to visit mexico without going to mexico. Do you like out of date rooms, overcharged, tacky, motel 6 type rooms! Well Padre South is your kind of hotel! This was the worst experience I have had staying at hotels in the last 6 years. The only reason I stayed here was because it was non-refundable! Oh did i forget to mention the wifi doesn't even work! Your welcome because if you booked this hotel after reading my review, all i have to say is that I told you so!

Room Tip: Not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank agoad

Travelers are raving about these South Padre Island hotels

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked one queen bed, got two fulls instead due to their mistake...mgmt. offered no remedy or discount. The room and hotel for that matter smelled of mold. Pool was filthy and parking was a pain. The customer service personnel were inept and not helpful. Not worth the $$$- book elsewhere

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank firedragon3d
fw
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I arrived with 3 bathing suits. On the first morning I couldn't decide whether to wear my red or blue one. I wore my red one and left my blue, and black one in the room.
When we returned at night I was planning for the next day and thought I'd gone crazy because I couldn't find my blue swimsuit...I blamed my own absentmindness so I didn't say anything, thinking maybe I really was crazy and never had the other 2. By the time we returned home I looked and looked and didn't find my suits anywhere. CRAZY PEOPLE!! SO CHEAP to steal someones used bathing suits. HORRIBLE!! We didn't go anywhere else...I feel violated that they went through our stuff! I didn't notice anything else missing but we will NEVER stay there again!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank gracie r
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Padre South Hotel had exactly what I needed for my trip. My mother likes to smoke and she wanted a hotel on the beach. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Despite the fact that they didn't offer a breakfast bar or room service, the kitchenette made up for it. All the appliances worked, and they had dishes and pots and pans to use. We had a queen size bed and a sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was pretty hard to sleep on, but the queen bed was nice. The Padre Bar located directly next to the hotel was a gem. Harry, the bartender was friendly and even made my mother and I an authentic Indian dinner. Seriously delicious! (Ask about it) The hotel is not the Hilton, but it's affordable and clean. I highly recommend if you're on a budget!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bcatfortworth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

i recently Stayed At This Hotel ON April 19 THRU 21, 2013. i would Like TO Comment ON THE Customer Service At This Hotel . A Few Days Later After I Checked Out Of This Hotel. I Realized I Left A Blouse IN The Room That Cost ME 75.00. I Have BEEN CALLING AND CALLING And just Get THE Run Around From The Staff saying That They Throw AWAY Anything That Is Left Behind There AFTER 1 TO 2 WEEKS After Checkout. I Didnt Think That They Would Be HONEST and Turn ITEMS in That Were Left Behind TO LOST AND FOUND
AND Another thing No Hot Water At All While I Was There
AND Water Leaking From THE Toilet Everythime You Would FLUSH IT......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple