Padre South Hotel
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$200
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
$446
$239
Official Hotel
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$225
Super 8 by Wyndham South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
$100
$136
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$227
$255
$320
$240
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
$319
  • Pool
All reviewssandy pathan older hotelfull kitchenkitchen sinklonger staypool and hot tubgreat view of the beachpublic accesspots and pansan updateprivate balconynorth sideliving roomoff seasonshort walk to the beachfamily vacationstove
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I are both in management in hotels and after the brands we work for would'nt come through for us on an employee rate, we just decided to go with something inexpensive and on the beach (those were the requirements). When we arrived we were given a room on a high floor with a great view of the beach and the bay. The room was large and more than suited our needs for our stay. It is true tho that if you're between the ages of 18 - 30 the staff won't aknowledge your existance. But that was'nt a big deal to me because I did'nt feel that was what I was paying for anyways.

Room Tip: A room on the north side to see the sunset, a room on the south side for nice lighting all day and terrific view of the beach and the jetti.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stefan J
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I had visited this hotel before, the pool and Jacuzzi anyway, as one of my best friends always stays here when she visits the island. Great, large, cold pool and big, hot Jacuzzi. Having actually stayed in this hotel overnight, the pool, Jacuzzi and beautiful beach views are worth the very reasonable rates. While the rooms are in serious need of updating, the kitchen with full refrigerator, stove, sink and all dishes, utensils and pots and pans is very convenient. The 4th floor room we stayed in was very spacious with a queen bed, sofa sleeper and, best part, roomy balcony with an awesome view of the (#1 reason I love the beach!) the beach! I am already planning my November vacay at this very hotel :) FYI, no one likes to talk about it but I will...the bathroom didn't have a vent or window so do pack air freshener ;)

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Cornchita
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were looking for a decently priced hotel on the beach and this turned out perfect! We stayed on the 8th floor, we're never bothered by the hotel staff, (unless we needed something and they were very helpful) and the view from our partial balcony was breathtaking! The room does need some touch ups but if your looking to come to vacation in a South Padre and never leave the room... why leave home? This is a great place to rest your head, get out of the sun, cook your own food, or enjoy the restaurant and bar next door, play in the pool and did I mention? Enjoy the balcony views. Great choice for our vacation inside and outside the room.

Room Tip: The higher you are the more you can see and a partial view is as good as any. Don't expect the Ritz, and you'll be amazed!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveling_Feet_Duo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

this is an old property and it shows. don't stay here if you're expecting a bell boy, concierge, or for anyone to even care that you're there. don't think you'll be pampered or doted over. it's sorta like an, old, highrised motel 6. it needs some renovations - ie the floor in our room had a definite slope (on the 6th floor)! the ceiling tiles would flop around if the sliding glass door to the balcony was open! scared me half to death - haha I thought we had a ghost!
bottom line:
the rates rock
bed was comfortable and clean (the pillows sucked - bring your own)
kitchenette was nice, there were dishes, silverware and pots & pans and everything worked
all rooms have view of the beach - make sure to request that your room isnt facing the hotel's bar/restaurant next door
air conditioner was good
one major thing - check the sliding glass door before you unpack. I happen to be very fit, but getting that door to slide open & closed almost pissed me off. the door and the track weren't made for each other.
one small thing - there is a path from the hotel, straight onto the beach. BUT the sand is fairly deep - its ok for me, but kids, old people, and pregnant women looked like they were never gonna make it! certainly not any handicapped access that i could see. it would be nice if they built a narrow wooden walkway? stepping stones?
I must say, if the beach is where you wanna be and you can't afford luxury (as I), this is your place
marena, erica, lisa were very kind (as was all the staff)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank gostephi
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

As a lot the reviews say, this hotel needs a major facelift. The rooms are still stuck in the 70's. Tv was old, buttons didnt work. Remote also broke. Only one burner on the very old stove worked. But at least the rooms did had a stove, fridge, with plates and utensils. We stayed on the 8th floor with a great view. Pool was nice. And of course the beach access was awesome. There are lots of things to nit pick here, but we paid $66 a night, so im not gonna complain much. Cant beat the price for a hotel on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012