“Most amazing place”
Review of Sea Turtle, Inc.

Sea Turtle, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Ila Loetscher, the "Turtle Lady of South Padre Island", originally formed our organization to save the Kemp's ridley sea turtle in 1977. Now we are a sea turtle hospital with a mission to rehabilitate and release any injured sea turtles, increase awareness concerning their safety and habitat, and assist with conservation efforts for all sea turtle species. We are funded by donations, grants and gift shop proceeds-- For rehabilitated sea turtle and hatchling release text message notifications, please see our website membership page. See you at Sea Turtle, Inc.!
Reviewed September 10, 2012

As soon as I walked in, this place brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am so glad I was able to visit and see with my own eyes how there is people out there that still care. You walk in to this place full of huge tanks. When you get closer to each tank, you get a little background of the turtle that occupies that tank. They all have gone through a tough journey but seem to be in better hands. Make sure to make your way to the back where you will get to see the famous turtle, forgot his name. Wonderful place to take kids so they can learn the reason why we need to keep our oceans clean. Basically this is an eye-opener kind of place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is great to see sea turtles up close and personal. The place is small so don't expect to be there long but worth the money.

1  Thank colesmom1
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although very small, this place has a big heart and is worth stopping by. The turtles are captivating and kids love to get very close to the them. What is on display depends on what's been rescued lately. We visited in August and hatchlings were crossing the beach to the water. What a site to see in person. Be sure to purchase from the gift shop & make donations as much as you can afford so they can continue this great work.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We took a large party inluding my nieces (3 years and 18-months) and my parents (in their 60's) to this attraction and we all really enjoyed it. There wasn't a lot of staff on hand for questions but they had a lot of information cards to read up on the animals. The large turtle at the very back was our favorite so be sure to check him out.

Be sure to leave a generous donation so they can help even more animals!

1  Thank leetha24
Reviewed September 2, 2012

When I was about 7 yrs. old I met the Turtle Lady,she started this chain of events that is now Sea Turtles Inc. I took my daughter to the site to let her see what people do to help the turtles survive,grow,heal & reproduce. The passion is felt by all who enter and you will leave with the same passion! There are sick turtles,baby turtles,turtles who are rescues who all get loving attention from the staff! Its so educational & fun for the kids to see them up close in diffrent stages of life too. They need support to keep going with this project though so if you visit this island remember to go & see these magical,beautiful,funny creatures being cared for by loving people! You wont have another experience like it anywhere! Remember..These turtles are in danger of disappearing and need ALL of our support! Go visit & leave with a new attitude!