“Don't waste your money...unless you like unfriendly people!”
Review of Isla Blanca Park

Isla Blanca Park
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I normally don't write reviews, but in this case I have to. We wanted to meet some friends in South Padre and believe me there isn't too many campground here, only 2! The KOA which is ridiculously expensive and very small spaces and the Isla Blanca County Park. I called or reservations and the girl I spoke to was kind of rude, but I thought she was just having a bad day, so I didn't think too much of it. Well.....when we got there it didn't get much better, matter of fact it had to be the girl I spoke to on the phone. She wouldn't answer any questions, if you asked her something she would cut you off and I don't mean in a good tone! This happened 3 times, well the third time I asked her if she was comfortable in her job because of the way her customer service skills were, she must have been very confident that she would not lose her job, she just rolled her eyes at me and turned away, now in my younger days I probably would have gone over the counter and did something, but being the mature older gal that I am now, well you get my drift. Then there are the "regular" people in the campground, oh yeah! They seem to think they own it and they run it, the last time I checked it was run by the County, but someone along the way forgot to tell them. Just because you are 75 and plus doesn't give you the right to act like the world owes you everything, there is a little word they forgot over the years, its called RESPECT! Then the bathrooms, oh year, if you like to go to the bathroom where the toilet seats are made out of stainless steel and they smell and the floor and showers look like they haven't been cleaned in a few years, well then you'll fit right in. The park itself is NOT maintained very well at all, the only reason the "old" people go there to stay for a few months is because its cheaper than KOA (35.00 vs. 59.00). They don't come out of there RV's much anyway, only to spy on what's new coming in, then they turn their noses up and go back inside.
Like I said I normally don't right reviews, but I couldn't let this one go. My husband and I travel all winter and have never been treated so badly and most of all ever seen a campground as bad as this, I don't care if they charged only 5.00 a night, I WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN!!! STAY AWAY, BEWARD, or if you like this kind of place then go ahead!

15  Thank JoAnne M

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Find a different RV park, you'll be glad you did. Lots of grass but it has these little sticker burrs that got everywhere. My poor dogs had them in their paws and woven into their fur. We had them in our shoes, socks, pants and tracked them into the coach so they ended up everywhere. Then there's the mosquitos. We were eaten alive. Don't know if it's a larger problem but they were all over you the moment you stepped out of the rig. Even with "Off" they would still attack. Beach was okay but had lots of litter and with the mosquitos we couldn't enjoy it. The water is brown and the beach looked like the sand had oil in it. Not the Gulf beach we imagined. Staff basically could give a @#$% about you or the park. Very, very disappointing. The people that live there full time are just one level above homeless. We found out monthly rent is very cheap. Oh yeah the parking spot is very small the rig barely fit on the asphalt. We found the KOA next door to much better. Good Luck.

3  Thank Nick H
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Park is good. Very good beach assess and good parking. Tends to get over crowed in summer - and patrons leave lots of trash on the great beach. Signs of Fines and Enforcement go unenforced. Don't know who is to blame for this. County owned - they need to "manage", not just collect fees.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our first trip to South Padre Island and a trip to the park was pretty interesting. We were told by one of out Dolphin watch guide to go here and it was well worth it. We had a few families in the group so kids enjoyed the beach. we went in late Oct so the beach wasnt that crowded. The walk on the rocks is also very good and pleasing. You could get a lot off cool pics with sunset here.

3  Thank samsamnj
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There have been a lot of improvements to the park since we last visited, all to the betterment of the facility. The research facility is worth the time and the beach is a great place to spend the day.

1  Thank JohnWanda