i was there with my wife on our honeymoon. there were only about 6-8 people in the hotel, we were one of two honeymoon couples. each afternoon i went out and exercised just like i have for twenty years in countries, states, towns all over the world. headphones on, kicking a hacky sack, pushups, pullups, situps, stretching. third day there, third day of exercising on the hotel grounds at five in the afternoon. the desk clerk called the police on me as a suspicious character. cops showed up baffled that any idiot would deem exercising as suspicious. they were irrritated that they were even called. one cop said that it offended him as a hacky sacker. they had to run my license and i had a misdemenor traffic warrant out of nueces county. i was arrested.. on my honeymoon. i spent twenty hours in the cameron county jail in brownsville. 500.00 cash bond. thats not even the worst part. my wife was left alone to fend for herself in unfamiliar territory. she drove 40 miles in the dark out in the middle of nowhere to find the jail. no help or even acknowledgment from the front desk. once she got there she found out that it would be the next day before i got out. she went back to the hotel, packed and checked out. still no assistance or acknowledgement. and they went ahead and charged the 200.00 bucks for the night neither one of us was there because the management had me arrested. my parents had paid for the stay as a wedding gift. when they found out they were quite irate. called the management.. desk clerk lied on me to cover her own self because she was outside the office smoking a cigarrette when she called the law on me. i saw her across the parking lot, didnt think anything of it at the time. she said she tried to make contact with me and i ignored her. i was wearing big white headphones to my mp3 player and exercising. the cops watched me for several minutes before approaching me and found me decidedly unsuspicious. desk clerk never left her smoking post 75 or so feet away to approach me. she lied. i was arrested on my honey moon., my folks were charged the 200.00 dollars for me to go to jail. my wife was left to fend for herself although the hotel knew that they had me arrested and the management stil prevaricates. the place stinks. dont go there. they will have you arrested. i have police statements backing my story. they have nothing. i am attempting to find any security camera video from the surrounding area. let me wrap this up by stating that i was stone cold sober. i dont drink or do drugs. i was exersising on my honey moon. i am a veteran marine who has done those exercises all over the world. never was accused of strange behavior or was arrested for it until i stayed at the palms resort in south padre island texas on my honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the white sand beaches of South Padre Island, The Palms Resort is a relaxing oasis boasting beach front access, stylish, comfortable accommodations, and friendly, attentive service. Our resort offers guests the personal service of an intimate boutique hotel with the modern amenities of larger business hotels. Our award winning beachside retaurant (The Cafe on the Beach) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Start your day with Eggs Benedict and a mimosa. End your day with steak and lobster and a fine wine. Enjoy mojitos poolside from our full service bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms Hotel South Padre Island
- Palms South Padre Island